Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when my car is off, over night, the front right tire (passenger) will drop all the way to the bottom, while all the other tires are normal. The entire car dips on the front right.

Any thoughts?

I've been getting Suspension Fault alerts, but when I'm driving, the suspension kicks every tire back up and aligned according to the on-screen display. Any methods I can try to fix this?

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
Re: My 2006 Ranger rover Sport is lowering on the front righ

Those suspension faults you have been getting are nice big hints you need to address them. Most likely your front right strut has been leaking and you are overheating your compressor to keep the air in the tank as well as keeping up with the leak. If you keep postponing repairing the leak or just replacing the strut you will burn out your compressor.

·
Registered
145 Posts

99% chance its the front air struts
You can buy two arnotts from APW for under $500 a pair if you use some coupons from retailmenot

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

So my dad got the right strut and replaced it. Now, after the car sat for about an hour, it was still slightly lower then the left front tire. When I tried to lower the car, the on-screen display showing the 4 tires, the front right tire on the display start to flash red, as if it was hit the top of the wheel well.

Any thoughts?

I can provide photos if that helps understand. This car was a Christmas present last year and I do not want it to fall apart so soon.

·
Registered
145 Posts

You should replace the other front air strut with a new one, when one side leak the other will follow soon
And probably you have to calibrate suspension height of each corner with a software like 4d can or take it to the dealer or to a land rover shop

·
Registered
10 Posts

My wife's 2006 began throwing a fault about, basically, being stuck at "normal height" (and it was). I was preparing to either fix myself (would need to be real bored) or have LR do it -- and they said it was the central air pump for suspension. Then I recalled she had run the battery down by leaving her key in it -- it charged and the car ran. But... Short version: replaced battery, fault gone, rise height and all functions restored. You might run a load test on your battery.

·
Banned
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts

Have you noticed any air leaks? If not it could be a faulty ride height sensor...

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
21 Posts

I'm trying to hijack this thread just a little bit... With all the talk of swapping out air shocks, has any one had experience with these?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y5C2MHS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3VF63ZOAUZQMC&psc=1

They're supposed to be comparable to the Arnott third gens BUT, they're half the price and I assume more cheaply made? I have no complaints with the Arnotts that I have bought and installed, but if it's down to similar quality and I can save a few hundred dollars per shock, I'd give it a go. Just curious

·
Registered
1 Posts

I am running into this same issue. I replaced all four with Arnotts and I still get the left side (front and rear) dropping in the AM.
I have not taken it to the dealer to calibrate but what I am wondering is if its more likely that the valve system is leaking some where

·
Registered
Now: 2016 RRS SVR. Previous: 2006 Range Rover Sport, 206k miles!
142 Posts

That link on Amazon may be worth trying.
I got about 14 months and 12k miles out of my last set of Arnott front struts before they started leaking at the base of the air fitting(below the Voss connector). Got new ones under warranty. Now these seem to have failed at about 8 months and 7k miles, but I don't see the soap bubbles at the connector like I did before. I also have a new front valve block.
Both fronts drop but when this latest leak started the right front would drop first.
I won't get Arnott's ever again.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts

That link on Amazon may be worth trying.
I got about 14 months and 12k miles out of my last set of Arnott front struts before they started leaking at the base of the air fitting(below the Voss connector). Got new ones under warranty. Now these seem to have failed at about 8 months and 7k miles, but I don't see the soap bubbles at the connector like I did before. I also have a new front valve block.
Both fronts drop but when this latest leak started the right front would drop first.
Sorry to hear about your suspension issues - you may want to check your compressor also (in particular if you haven't had it replaced). Give Arnott technical support a call. They are always here to help customers. 321-868-3016

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
31 Posts
I bought both front struts from rebuild master technology out of Miami Florida the price was $465.00 with free shipping and a 1 year warranty. I purchased them at the end of 2015 and have put close to 30k miles on my baby with no dropping issues

1 - 12 of 12 Posts