RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Ok I'm learning something today!

Thanks for at least humoring my question. I did notice the white bottom tick was above the lowest wheel line and not red as top ones get when you're too low. Don't know how that impacts it but think I'm starting to understand thanks to your comments.

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Battery = excellent. Its really worth the $150-200 for a new battery and peace of mind. Be sure to fully charge it or drive it for a while to give it a solid charge after you get it.

Ride height = 馃槅 might be reading accurate. Do you have an OBD tool or scanner to see if you've got any errors or faults?

If you can, do the battery first.

If you haven't already I'd try to toggle the ride height and go high, then back to standard. See if that evens it out and it corrects the issue itself. In the end it could be a voltage issue caused the leveling ecu to Bork a little or might be a sensor going bad but you have to rule out voltage issues first before knowing if the other issues are real or just temporary, caused by a weak battery.

Totally solveable and a great learning experience So don't stress. You'll sort this all out and feel great for having fixed it yourself!
Ok so No i don't have the tool or scanner. I don't even know what that is. Goodness I obviously have little knowledge.. Could you explain to me how to change the ride height? I'm sorry I'm sure I'm bugging the heck out of you..

Registered
Ok so No i don't have the tool or scanner. I don't even know what that is. Goodness I obviously have little knowledge.. Could you explain to me how to change the ride height? I'm sorry I'm sure I'm bugging the heck out of you..
Hey no worries. There are some very technical people in this group. Its good to let folks know early that you're learning to avoid frustration.

There is a dial on the dash that lets you raise or lower the ride height for offroad or onroad use. On a LHD MY05 it will be left of the clock in front of the ignition. Leveling the suspension by going high, then back to normal height may put things back to normal.

An OBD tool allows you to scan the engine and system fault codes. Some of the versions we use are the same functionality or more than the dealer software.

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Thank you so much! I dfntly feel less than superior, haha... I've only owned my LR/RR since July so I'm dfntly still learning it's little ticks and tweaks. It's so great to have some knowledgeable people to talk to about this stuff. So I'm gonna try what you've suggested and see if that does it. If not I'm certain I will be messaging you back if you don't mind. Thanks again for your help and most importantly your time!!
Nicole!

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Ok so messing with the toggle switch fixed my air suspension problem, Thank you so much!! I haven't had the time to go get a new battery. I'll take care of that this weekend. Just wanted to give you an update and say Thank you for the help! It's very much appreciated!!

Registered
Ok so messing with the toggle switch fixed my air suspension problem, Thank you so much!! I haven't had the time to go get a new battery. I'll take care of that this weekend. Just wanted to give you an update and say Thank you for the help! It's very much appreciated!!
Nicole, that's great news!

Keep in mind that may or may not have actually fixed it. Could've just been a Bork (professional term) or as mentioned earlier it could be a sign of a failing sensor etc. Be mindful of it, don't be shocked if you walk outside to find it wonky (another professional term).

Although not every gremlin is an actual problem, not every problem is an actual gremlin either.

Glad that helped you for the time being.

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
Oh my goodness, you jinxed me!! I was driving down a somewhat curvy road and it popped up again... So you were right. I got my hopes up too soon!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Now it won't even let me do anything.. I push the middle button and turn the knob up and it just keeps flashing on the middle line. It won't go to the up or down part this time. Sorry I don't know the technical stuff but it won't flash on the car thing with the up arrow or the one with the down arrow. It just stays in the middle on that straight line.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
6 Participants
TristiaNicole
RangeRovers.net Forum
We鈥檙e a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing