RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Especially the ivory interior crowd.

I used to use some high quality cleaners and conditioners with a leather cleaning brush for scrubbing.

They come out good, but there is always some discoloration to the leather I just can't get out.

Maybe some of you guys have already tried this on the interior...

I got these to clean up some walls in the house, then figured I'd see what one could do for the leather in the range

Used the same leather cleaner, but scrubbed with the magic eraser.

Photo displays about 1 minute of scrubbing, look at the treated side vs not... Virtually no effort either, I spent some time scrubbing the whole interior down yesterday and it basically looks new now

·
Registered
141 Posts
Have read many mixed reviews on using "Magic Eraser" on RR leather. Some in this forum.
Never tried it on my interior leather, did you put any conditioner on after using the Magic Eraser?

·
Registered
121 Posts
just be careful using the sponges on the door pulls if yours have leather on them. It is a softer leather and the sponges can possibly rub off some of the top coating of the leather. If your careful and scrup lightly then you'll be ok.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
used PH balanced cleaner and hit it with conditioner after... The eraser isn't harmful, its not that abrasive, no more than say a pair of jeans. It's just soft and very fine, so it's able to get into the dimples and flaws in the leather to pick up dirt. Works great.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Try Leather CPR, it is available almost everywhere and works wonders.

·
Registered
952 Posts
+1 on the magic eraser of the interior leather, it transformed my wife's '06. I tried all sorts of expensive leather cleaners but the magic eraser works the best. Use it on the steering wheel too, puts it back to that matte leather appearance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
+2 for the magic eraser used it on both my cars and then leather conditioned them. It made them look like new again.. tried every other cleaner and they didnt work!

·
Registered
95 Posts
+4 on the Magic Eraser followed by Leatherique oil.

Works like a charm.

·
Registered
71 Posts
what do you put on the magic eraser exactly? what do you guys recommend? also can it be used on the doors? not the leather pulls, but the interior doors.. i have some dirt/grime on there from my elbows constantly resting on them from 2000 mile drives..

·
Registered
66 Posts
+whatevernumberwe'reatnow It worked wonders on my interior. Just add water, squeeze it out and use it like a sponge. It IS mildly abrasive, so don't go crazy with it.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIV / L405
332 Posts
+5 on the Magic Eraser. BTW it works well to clean the bottom of a clothing iron. I mean thats what the wife says :roll: :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts