RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
as I am chasing a Failsafe Trans Program error message, I am getting a myriad of sensor faults.
2003 L322 4.4 and I am using Allcomms to read faults.

First was the Exterior Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Fault, it would throw a CEL and would not clear. I replaced the sensor with a brand new one.
Then came the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Fault, it would also throw a CEL and would not clear. I replaced the sensor (the one by the water pump) with a brand new one.
At the same time I replaced the lower return coolant temperature sensor with a new one.
Now I am getting the Return Coolant Temperature Sensor Fault (despite having been replaced a couple of days ago) along with the Engine Intake Air Temperature Sensor Fault, throws a CEL as well.

Next step would be to replace the MAF to see if the Engine Intake Air Temp Sensor Fault goes away.

I have a feeling I am chasing ghosts and there is an underlying issue.
It is peculiar that I am getting a series of new faults all related to various temperature sensors.

Any thoughts?
Thank you

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
First thing that springs to mind is a weak battery. An old or fail battery will toss up all sorts of erroneous codes. Next thing is that when you say the codes "won't clear" which diagnostic equipment are you using?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my first guess as well. I measure 12.6V at the battery and 14.2V when car is on. I went to the parts store today and they ran they battery tester who measured 12.76V and displayed 100% charged.

I am using RSW AllComms to read/clear faults.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts