RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting misfire error codes in cylinders 2,3,5,7 & 8. I have changed all the plugs and boots
. While driving the car it is idling slightly rough and the car has a hard time gaining speed. Their was some oil in the plugs when replaced and the dealership told me the valve covers needed to be replaced. Any other thoughts on what I should be looking for??

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
220 Posts
When you have multiple misfires and you ignore the faults a while the BMW engine ECU sometimes actually switches off those cylinders. You may have bad coils also. I have often found we have to reset the adaptations and go through the relearn process when you have that many misfires in a BMW motor. In addition, you have have misfires from a vacuum leak at the plate at the back of the intake or you may have signal errors from the mass air meter. I'd look into those things as you have probably not resolved the situation fully.

If there was oil in the plug holes the dealer is right - you need new gaskets soon or you will ruin the boots on the new ignition coils.

I think more testing is needed on this truck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts