RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I started with PO171 and P0174 only. Cleaned throttle body and noticed hiss from pcv, which I guess is normal. Replaced spark plugs and wasted $80 on a maf. After all of that I took the oil fill valve off to see if there was a difference in the his noise from the pcv, it got louder. And pcm immediately popped the following maf and bank 1&2 rich codes. Cleared codes and drove for a while, cel came back. So I’ve wasted another $30 on a pcv valve. I am probably going to buy an ignition capacitor as well for $20, I read somewhere that that fixed lean issues?. I am concerned about my throttle position sensor reading 18% at idle will check again this week.:/
Probably going to perform a smoke test and check carbon buildup on o2 sensors. I’ll keep y’all posted if I find anything out. But yeah frickinfrack fuel issues are no fun.
P0174
P0172
P0175
P0171
P0101
Fuel pressure idle 33
Lt ftrm1 2.3
Lt ftrm2 4.7
O2s12 .0175v
O2s22 .685v
O2s11 .027ma
O2s21 .031
Stft 12 -.8
Stft 22 0
Stft 1 between.8and5
Stft 2 between-4and4

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just before Christmas mine logged a p0171 fault and I was unable to find any problems. After burning through that tank of fuel I reset the engine adaptiations and it has not returned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Purchased the vehicle last week. Got it for a great price and knew it needs work. I’m not sure what all the seller had done to it. Weather got really cold here last week and when I would start up the rpm gauge would initially go up to 1000 drop to zero and come back up. I’m going to check my tps at lunch. Anybody know spec for idle? Not getting a tps code though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I'll check fuel pressure again today. Vehicle was Idling. From what I've read, the fuel pressure does vary itself. Is this true? If so 33 would be way out of range I'd imagine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well looks like the fuel pressure is reading around 34psi at idle and 2000rpm. My throttle position sensor reads 20% with the engine off and about 18-20% at idle. Thoughts?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Thoughts?
I've got one. It would be really helpful to have your Rover's info in your signature. That puts your info at the bottom of every post, folks don;t have to ask and when you respond to someone else's post they know how relevant the model comparison is.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Workshop manual calls for 48.57 psi at the fuel rail at idle for the SC Range rover. Pressure should increase as load increases up to about 65 psi. Pump operation is controlled by the pressure sensor on the fuel rail. check your fuel filter first, the sensor next and then look at the pump itself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went ahead and removed the old filter and towards the end of it draining there was about a half cup of brownish/black nastyness!! I cut it in half to find that there is a normal paper filter inside and it was very dirty. However the filter that shipped in is the wrong part, apparently the sport and regular LR3's have different fuel filters......Just re-ordered from bap geon $160. It will be here 1Feb18 and I'll install immediately. Does anybody have a good parts supplier that they would recommend that also has decent prices? To often it seems I try to find the least expensive part and it on occasions such as this where the part is wrong or poorly made.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1feb18
P0174 lean
P0128 thermostat code popped on a freezing day, disregarding this
P0175
P0172
P0171 lean
Coolant 196
Idle 711rpm
Fuel pressure 33-35
Lt ftrm1% -9.4
Lt ftrm2%-3.9
Maf lb/m .79
Map hg 9.2
O2s12 .7v
O2s22 .7v
O2s11 .008ma
O2s21 .01ma

this is the latest data pulled since the filter change. Fuel pressure still in the 30's. I guess I'll try the sensor next?!? Or should I disconnect the battery and see if it relearns fuel trim. This is making me crazy because there is no running issues at all. doesn't die or run rough

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That schrader valve is under the passenger side intake plenum. If I have to take it off to test fuel pressure I might as well just buy the sensor because I'll have to get a gasket kit anyway. I have a good fuel pressure gauge, maybe I can get in there without removing the plenum. I'll try tonight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts