RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yeah.

Except they've forgotten the most important part for the rest of us overseas clients ? The stupid bloody hand-brake lever has been replaced with the foot-brake ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
305 Posts
Don't forget who they're marketing this too- Bible belt- Middle America. Folk who've heard about the prowess of the LR, but are scared by the sticker price and it being furin. ;)

I remember when it first came out, the dealer told my dad it's the "American Range Rover" probably noting my dad's RRC, my dad just politely smiled at him and rolled his eyes at the guy to me, saying "fat chance". But it was one of the only American SUVs built w/ comfort in mind. Nice truck, but a totally different beast, and now it's kind of played out IMO.

That being said, nice rock crawling w/ nothing more than all-seasons, don't you think?

·
Registered
264 Posts
ok guys today i had a chance to drive my cousins new grand Cherokee. this is what i think, WOW what a nice car,

inside is no question better than any land rover product , costs 25k less, has much better warranty , and i am almost positive its more reliable than any new land rover, and its no less offroader than mr new land rover with air suspension problems

outside looks range rover is better

go head fill free to say no no but that doesn't change the reality

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Hummer H1,

Let's rephrase, in order to be accurate.

Your post is up to its eyeballs in opinions. It's a little short on facts. (Facts being what you refer to as reality).

Whatever someone might say may not change your opinions.

Try not to mistake your opinions for reality.

·
Registered
264 Posts
detroit_pierogi said:
Hummer H1,

Let's rephrase, in order to be accurate.

Your post is up to its eyeballs in opinions. It's a little short on facts. (Facts being what you refer to as reality).

Whatever someone might say may not change your opinions.

Try not to mistake your opinions for reality.

its free go test drive one, i like land rovers but this jeep is something that land rover should be very worry about,

and you right what ever they say will not change what i think and the reality is

and the reality is that new land rovers are overpriced not as capable and fragile trucks, ( i am talking from my personal experiance on my brand new LR3 that went back to land rover in 4 months )

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
HH1,

I don't have anything against Jeeps. I often speak in favor of them here.

If you're familiar with statistics at all, you'll know that your LR3 story is called anecdotal. In other words, just one story.

If you think that you can generalize to all LR3s (and then to all LR products) from one person's experience, then I am wasting my time by addressing your comments. If data is not statistically significant, then it = 0.

My saying what I did about you not being open to changing your mind isn't really a good thing. Unless you think this is a valid position to hold:
"Don't bother me with facts. My mind is made up."

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
drdread said:
Don't forget who they're marketing this too- Bible belt- Middle America. Folk who've heard about the prowess of the LR, but are scared by the sticker price and it being furin. ;)
You wanna try that one again ?

And maybe consider your audience before exhibiting New-York-centric myopia.

·
Registered
264 Posts
detroit_pierogi said:
HH1,

I don't have anything against Jeeps. I often speak in favor of them here.

If you're familiar with statistics at all, you'll know that your LR3 story is called anecdotal. In other words, just one story.

If you think that you can generalize to all LR3s (and then to all LR products) from one person's experience, then I am wasting my time by addressing your comments. If data is not statistically significant, then it = 0.

My saying what I did about you not being open to changing your mind isn't really a good thing. Unless you think this is a valid position to hold:
"Don't bother me with facts. My mind is made up."

enjoy your new land rover product , good luck

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Don't have a new LR product. I have never bought a new car/vehicle in my life, nor do I plan to.

Thanks for the well-wishing, though. lol.

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
39 Posts
Guys,

I'm with both of you...

But...

As much as I love my Rangie... in the end, my rig is really is just a tool to 1) get me around, 2) tow my boat, and 3) have a little 4x time.

As I learned a couple of decades ago, It doesn't really matter how "shiny" your tool is, as long as it gets the job done.

Take solace in the fact that Rover and Mercedes seem to be always making their "tools" more complex and, as a result, more expensive -- is that really better? So, they are producing the shiniest hammers in the bunch, complete with 8-speaker surround sound, on-board latte machines and reverse chrome wheels? It seems that most USA trucks follow suit a couple of years after L-R or MB brings something to the consumer market... does that make one better than the other?

When you finally get to the top of that hill-climb, unroll your tent, and notice that you're parked next to a 1966 dodge Power Wagon... who says you're rig is better?

--ccec[attachment=0:1zxxc0id]Erics_1964_side.jpg[/attachment:1zxxc0id]

Attachments

·
Registered
952 Posts
The new Jeep looks awesome. I don't mind saying that. It's probably as good as my RR in many ways. Good for Jeep, I hope they sell a ton of them, I would buy one for my daughter if the local dealership wasn't so shockingly horrible. As in the service manager is behind a bulletproof shield and you have to talk to them through a vent hole and slide paperwork through a drawer like you were in a 24 hr check cashing place in the ghetto. I kid you not, it's unbelievable. Fresno Chrysler/Jeep.

I would like to think most RR owners are a little too mature to play the mine is better than yours game.

·
Registered
952 Posts
drdread said:
Totally unnecessary. And untrue. :roll:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Anyone ever watch top gear?
Looks like the tables have turned and jeep is trying to remake a landrover (air-ride).

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee brochure In the mail and I have to say this:

1. It looks great and a total redesign - it needed it because my $42,000 2002 Grand Cherokee Overland was in the shop more often than my 05 LR3 and RR SPORT Supercharged combined. It looked great but was a POS.

2. Most of the "new" features Jeep is touting I already had on my 2005 LR3 SEV8 back in 2004!!!
Terrain select function - Air Suspension - cmon guys really????

Hope it has a good warranty as my previous 1992, 1995, and 2002 loaded up Jeep Grands were crap!

Kudos to Jeep for the redesign, but I will never buy one again.

Let's see one go head to head with an LR4,FFRR,RRSPORT or even an LR2.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Is the new GC as good as the LR4, 2010 RRS and 07' plus full size?? No.

Dose it beat the living crap out of the LR3, pre-2010 Sport and pre-2007 full-size??? Oh yes, the interior is so much better. The ride is good. The V6 is terrible but the Hemi offers excellent power. Do I expect it to be more relible than the Rovers? Nope. Jeep dosnt have half the expirence Rover does in the electronics department so I expect they will have their issues.

If you need me I will be burning some crosses and writing Obama hate letters since Im a redneck, back-woods hick.

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,115 Posts
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... thanks Jeep. Keep trying...

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
73 Posts
remington said:
...the service manager is behind a bulletproof shield and you have to talk to them through a vent hole and slide paperwork through a drawer like you were in a 24 hr check cashing place in the ghetto. I kid you not, it's unbelievable. Fresno Chrysler/Jeep.
Ha! I grew up in the Central Valley so that totally struck a chord with me. :lol:

Eh, the Jeep Vs. Rover thing is a joke. I personally don't hate on Jeeps and think for the most part they are great - but they have definitely made some gremlin riddled garbage...just like LR has. My P38 and my wife's Disco have penty of their own ghosts and gremlins that like to grunt, clunk, tick, and moan but we love them to death.

Would I buy a Jeep? Yes, but it would be an old Willys - but that's a whole 'nother story.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1,108 Posts
I saw the new jeep on the road yesterday. I was not very impressed with the looks. I looks like a jeep from the front but looks like ever other minivan from the side.

From the video, it looks like Jeep borrowed some of the air suspension and traction control technology from Land Rover. Some very very similar looking off road traction control behavior and interior controls.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Having sat in one of these (went and had a look, I was curious), I have to say, they feel really small inside. I'm 6'7" though so perhaps I am more sensitive to this. Also drivers seat doesn't feel nearly as comfortable to sit in, and the rear seats are just awful. On the road it didn't feel particularly solid, it feels much more like a truck than a RR, including way too much wind noise on the highway. I have no idea what the reviewer is talking about. I am assuming it is probably capable off road but wasn't bold enough to try that on test drive. Reliability claims are obviously wildly premature too, but if past jeeps are any guide... this thing will make the RR look bullet proof.

RR is still better IMO... as far as comparing with other LR models, I don't know, I've never driven any others.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts