RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m interested to see what kind of prices people have paid for their new RR sports. I was at the dealership on Saturday and was able to talk the guy down $2k off a $86,900 MSRP on a new gray 2019 dynamic. Another dealership offered $2700 off a new white 2018 dynamic or $4500 off a black 2018 dynamic with 1500 miles that the manager has been driving. All three cars have the same MSRP within a few hundred bucks.

I feel like I should get the 2019 since it’ll have better resale in a couple years BUT I like the white one the best, especially with the contrast on all the black dynamic trim pieces. Plus the white one has the exact rims I want!

The black one has the best discount but it’s my least favorite color on this car. Am I getting good offers here? What discounts off MSRP have you all been able to get recently?

Also, as a side note. I just joined these forums today! I’m eager to accept one of these dealer offers and pick up a new RRS tomorrow but this forum is kind of scaring me with all mechanical/electrical issues everyone’s posting about. If anyone reading this has been problem free with their car let me know so I can reassure myself with some balance in my perspective! Cheers!

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Purchasing a new/one year old rig is not just about cost. It is about which vehicle, grabs your view... which one talks to you? What is going to make smile every time the engine roars to life. A discount difference on a black rig you don't like... is like spending too much good money for a steak the is over cooked and you choose to deal with it. Is the extra $1700 discount worth a rig you don't really like that someone else has been driving?

Since the white one is the one you like, is new, you are starting the warranty with only a few miles on the odo for testing, PDI, etc. and a fresh date start... I would jump in with both feet and grab it... because you like it best of the three choices. Depreciating a 2019 is going to be minimally different than a 2018 bought in 2018.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,151 Posts
Years ago before we were married, my wife really wanted a blue Camry but they only had silver on the lot. She mentioned this fact to the dealer, and they offered her $1000 less to buy the silver car now instead of waiting for a blue one, so she settled to save the money.

The reason I'm talking about that story is when you buy a Camry (or similarly priced vehicle), you can compromise to save some money. When you buy an $80,000+ vehicle, you want zero compromises.

I would absolutely get the one you want, especially if it's the right color and rims. Unless you plan on trading it in quickly, as RRToadHall said the difference should be minimized with time because you will have a low mileage 2018 versus a higher mileage 2019.

As for discounts to me those sound good but back in 2016 almost all of us were paying MSRP.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I agree with the others. I have learned to just buy the one you really want. You will keep it longer and be happier. Keeping it longer will likely save you money in the long run.

I bought a black Tahoe with black interior. I really wanted a white one with tan interior. I saved money gettting the black. I always regretted the decision and I never thought about the money I saved.

To Hodog16: Go Pack!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m interested to see what kind of prices people have paid for their new RR sports. I was at the dealership on Saturday and was able to talk the guy down $2k off a $86,900 MSRP on a new gray 2019 dynamic. Another dealership offered $2700 off a new white 2018 dynamic or $4500 off a black 2018 dynamic with 1500 miles that the manager has been driving. All three cars have the same MSRP within a few hundred bucks.

I feel like I should get the 2019 since it’ll have better resale in a couple years BUT I like the white one the best, especially with the contrast on all the black dynamic trim pieces. Plus the white one has the exact rims I want!

The black one has the best discount but it’s my least favorite color on this car. Am I getting good offers here? What discounts off MSRP have you all been able to get recently?

Also, as a side note. I just joined these forums today! I’m eager to accept one of these dealer offers and pick up a new RRS tomorrow but this forum is kind of scaring me with all mechanical/electrical issues everyone’s posting about. If anyone reading this has been problem free with their car let me know so I can reassure myself with some balance in my perspective! Cheers!

You haven't had an answer yet to your part 11 question.....have had ours for about two months but is trouble free so far (I don't expect it be Toyota like). It's Fuji White with black roof and trim and black 21' wheels.....get comments all the time about looking spectacular. Just as maybe a point of reference, dealership also used as a demo for three months with 1800 miles on it and I got close to $9K off list. Agree with others.....at this price point, get the one you like the best.

·
Registered
85 Posts
1. Always get exactly what you want and never compromise if you are passionate about cars. If it's something to get you from A to B that might be different. But these are Range Rovers and not cheap. So not worth compromising to save a grand or two. As others have said over a period of 3 or 5 years you will spend a lot (on any car) and in the big picture a couple grand doesn't matter.

2. I'm on my 3rd Land Rover, currently in a 2018 SVR. They've been about as reliable as my previous 3 Audi's but maintenance will cost more and in my area the service at the 2 dealerships I've used is terrible in comparison to Audi. But I happily put up with that as I love these vehicles so much. Land Rover would not have as many repeat buyers that they do if every vehicle they made was a lemon. They wouldn't even be in business. Yes they have a reputation earned from 15 years ago but they're not as bad as what you'll read on Facebook or Instagram.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Definitely get the one you want. As this price point, it’s about buying the car you love. A few thousand dollars should not drive your decision on a 80k+ car in my opinion.

I was in a similar position. The dealer had a 2018 diesel on the lot that I really liked..but it didnt have the rims or brakes I wanted, and it was a diesel which I wasnt sure about. I ultimately decided to spend the money and order the 2019 HSE V6 dynamic spec’d out the way I want.

I cant speak to the reliability of the RRS and I’m a little nervous as well. My father is still driving his 1999 full size Range Rover without issues, but that was probably a simpler car from another generation.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you plan to keep it awhile I heartily second the opinions stated above that getting what you want is more important than lowest price. When we decided on a Range Rover we shopped the new inventory at the Scottsdale, AZ dealer. None were the colors or equipped precisely as we wanted plus each one that came close was either just sold or sold within a week or two of when we started shopping. None had a factory trailer hitch and most had expensive packages we didn't want or need. We spec'ed one out online, found it cost less than all those that were on the dealer lot so we ended up ordering one. 2018 Fuji white Sport, V8 supercharged, tow package, heated/cooled front and rear seats, 4 zone HVAC, ivory/ebony interior etc. Dealer wouldn't discount but would throw in accessories such as interior protection pkg (rubber mats & rear cargo tray) sun shield etc. We also avoided some dealer "add-ons" such as Low Jack. While we did experience the infamous dual monitor glitches they seem to be resolved now after the 4.1 update. Bottom line is my wife LOVES this RRS. Says it's the best vehicle she has ever driven which includes a Mercedes E550 coupe, BMW X5 and BMW 745LI. Is it truly the best vehicle out there? Maybe, maybe not, but she loves it and will forgive the inevitable glitches because it's exactly what she wanted.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Agreed. When you're purchasing something so expensive, it should be exactly what you want. I ordered a MY2019 that I'm waiting to pick up. It has everything I want, and nothing I don't want. For what it's worth, I negotiated $2,500 off of the MSRP. In addition to negotiating the price, see if you can get them to include one free service, detailing, etc. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts