RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought a 2014 RRS SC with the dynamic package and I will get the car next month. However, I wonder if the MSPR differs from the retailer price. I'm questioning that because I saw a statement on the LD website " Actual price set by the retailer." I'm really confused. Also, I wonder if I could remove the tint,I like my car without a tint, I'm questioning if that a tint that can be removed or the glass color set by manufactory.

·
Registered
732 Posts
MSRP is what the Manufacturer suggest (and exactly that, a suggestion). It's what's on the window sticker (MONRONY if memory serves).

The retail price, I'm guessing is dealer markups and what not. Supply and demand in your local area might drive this beyond MSRP.

Since the windows are factory tinted (glass tint, not film). I'm not sure if there's any easy method for tint removal. Others can chime in if know they know more about this.

-ThinkMac-

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The best way to describe the Tint is it's like sunglasses, it's not a Film that can be removed.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Well you can buy non-tinted glass and replace it all but that won't be very economical

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I was worried because I glanced my eye on the worker's computer and I saw 3k higher than the MSPR, I contacted him today, he told me you will pay the MSPR plus taxes and fees. I think that I can pay the taxes later, I mean after two month in the registration office. Can I do that ? I'm not familiar with the rule here in the US, sorry for those questions

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Thanks, I was worried because I glanced my eye on the worker's computer and I saw 3k higher than the MSPR, I contacted him today, he told me you will pay the MSPR plus taxes and fees. I think that I can pay the taxes later, I mean after two month in the registration office. Can I do that ? I'm not familiar with the rule here in the US, sorry for those questions
You will pay Colorado Sales Tax at the time of purchase.
http://www.carsdirect.com/car-pricing/how-to-calculate-colorado-car-tax

In most states the sales tax needs to be paid at the time of purchase and gets added to the sales price. Check online for the tax rates in your area.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RRS SC with dynamic package,
Fuji white with 22 inch 5 spilt spoke- style 6,
Full size Panoramic roof with santorini black,
Pimento leather seats and Ebony headlining ,
Vision and convince package
luxury climate comfort and visibility package
and there is a special package.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I remember my brother bought a dodge ram and he said that he paid the tax after two months in the registration office.
I'm not sure really, I looked at the website, there wasn't anything about paying at the time of purchase.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Sales tax guidelines vary by state. That being said I don't know of any sales tax not due at time of purchase. However some states also have a use tax that is due with state/federal tax filings.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Noxbody, you will probably find that you have several taxes/fees, which vary by state and city.
Here are some I've come across in different states over the years:
- sales tax at time of purchase
- annual use/excise tax
- annual registration fees
- annual inspection/smog sticker fees

1 - 13 of 13 Posts