Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
wow! you're definitely taking it very easy. I'll have to share mine later to offset this number ;)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have never used the "B" trip, but always check my mileage between fill-ups. Not the "computed" average, which has always been much, much more aggressive, but using actual miles and actual gallons. I have never been higher than 16.2 mpg and many times been in the 14-15 mpg range. Mostly "parkway" miles - not interstate, but two lane winding, hilly highway limited to 55 mph (yea right on the 55 mph speed limit, but that is what the signs and State Troopers say).

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't say very easy. But definitely smooth and use the car's momentum as much as possible. Same 10 minute route to work every day, so pretty good at timing the lights.

Probably 2/3 of miles are highway at 75 MPH. But my economy scores are pretty good I guess.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
You're definitely a master at braking properly. I haven't been able to get a score that high without making myself absolutely miserable.

I wouldn't say very easy. But definitely smooth and use the car's momentum as much as possible. Same 10 minute route to work every day, so pretty good at timing the lights.

Probably 2/3 of miles are highway at 75 MPH. But my economy scores are pretty good I guess.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The trick is to brake as little as possible.

Plus it's pretty flat around here which helps. And little traffic congestion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have over 6,200 miles on my ATB and am averaging a bit less than 10 MPG. It's a long commute with plenty of opportunity to take full advantage of the V-8. Upon starting it up, I immediately shut off the eco setting and put it into sport / dynamic mode. Other than going off road, it's the only mode I use. I certainly didn't buy it for the fuel economy, but I do wish the fuel tank were larger.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
I have over 6,200 miles on my ATB and am averaging a bit less than 10 MPG. It's a long commute with plenty of opportunity to take full advantage of the V-8. Upon starting it up, I immediately shut off the eco setting and put it into sport / dynamic mode. Other than going off road, it's the only mode I use. I certainly didn't buy it for the fuel economy, but I do wish the fuel tank were larger.
+1 to the larger tank.

·
Registered
341 Posts
4 thou and miles and I just averaged 13.5 on the computer. Better than the 11.5 is was getting.

Still have a few regulars passing through my traffic corridor that have yet to submit to my superior v8 power. Mileage will get better once I have everyone in line.

·
Registered
91 Posts
averaging around 14.5 mpg after 1.2k miles on my ATB; I was closer to 16 mpg on my v8sc after 3k miles when I traded it in

·
Registered
183 Posts
Still have a few regulars passing through my traffic corridor that have yet to submit to my superior v8 power. Mileage will get better once I have everyone in line.

Couldn't agree with that statement more! So many people need to understand the V8SC should not be messed with!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts