RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all just joined the fourm
hopping to pick up a very nice 2002 v8 vouge in stunning condition only 94000 miles just wondering what sort of mpg i can excpect if driven sensibale i know they not that great on fuel any imput would be nice
simon

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
425 Posts
gas (petrol) or diesel?

NA or Supercharged?

Putting all of this in your signature would be helpful.

Also, this is the model PRIOR TO the L322, so you may want to post on that board.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
Fuel MPG input is like asking for someone's favorite color.There is no correct answer. Only you know how you drive and since you have no location in your profile we have no idea if you are in a hilly area or wide open flat area.

·
Registered
57 Posts
2008 SC
I removed my spare (heavy!) added two cans sealant and inflate.
have very little excess stuff
jacked the tires and was getting 13.5 l/100km on premium fuel

But the display would make crazy jumps up or down every few days. In general it's around there. Not very much city driving and I do "draft" behind other cars for a both economy and radar/laser protection but I don't go much over speed limit in any case. Just too much of a brick makes no sense.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
521 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
2008 SC
I removed my spare (heavy!) added two cans sealant and inflate.
have very little excess stuff
jacked the tires and was getting 13.5 l/100km on premium fuel

But the display would make crazy jumps up or down every few days. In general it's around there. Not very much city driving and I do "draft" behind other cars for a both economy and radar/laser protection but I don't go much over speed limit in any case. Just too much of a brick makes no sense.
The display isn't accurate... Also removing the spare for weight reduction is pointless.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Yes pointless for someone who can't feel or realize the difference.
Pointless because 1.) the tpms wants the spare there 2.) if you get an irreparable flat you're stuck 3.) dropping 1% of an enormous SUV's weight isn't noticeable. I mean it's your car, do whatever you want but it's silly to lose the spare because you think you're gaining performance in a 6000 pound SUV. A full size spare IMO is a very nice thing to have. I'm content to keep mine and lose a fraction of a % in performance/fuel economy.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
16 Posts
for 4.4 Litre L322 V8 Petrol I get 12.3 Litres per 100KM. In US Gallons that is 19 MPG or in Imperial 23 MPG. Not that bad for a magic vehicle weighing nearly 3 Tons. I love my car, and drive it like a Limo. Lead footing
will cost more

1 - 13 of 13 Posts