RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I fill up I reset thr trip odometer, and as soon as I leave the station, I'm told i have 430-450 miles range. I always get excited, yet i should have learned my lesson, i never EVER get more then 230 with a little left in the tank I calculate about 15mpg mostly highway 65-75mph.

this stupid computer should know better.

anybody else get misleading info?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
ouch get a diesel youll get more than double that 560+ i,ve had out of my 99 dse and the computers virtually spot on :) neil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not that many diesels in notrh america. If I saw one, I'd run and pick it up. I' looking at mercedes turbo diesels for the drive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
640 Posts
bandit86 said:
not that many diesels in notrh america. If I saw one, I'd run and pick it up.
You wouldn't need to run to catch it, a nice leisurely stroll would be quite sufficient to keep up with it. :lol:

Cheers
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
27,819 Posts
bandit86 said:
Every time I fill up I reset thr trip odometer, and as soon as I leave the station, I'm told i have 430-450 miles range. I always get excited, yet i should have learned my lesson, i never EVER get more then 230 with a little left in the tank I calculate about 15mpg mostly highway 65-75mph.

this stupid computer should know better.

anybody else get misleading info?

There is nothing misleading about it at all. Each time you reset the trip computer you are clearing the fuel usage history. It goes back to a default until you drive a bit and it is able to calculate based on your driving habits. Alot will depend on service history, habits and tire pressure.

Side note, I always go over 300 miles on a tank mixed errand driving around town.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
well col if you can catch mine with a leisurly stroll your more than welcome to try i think youd be in for a big shock
 

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
3,622 Posts
mine does the same thing. she lies!

my mpg says 16.3 normally, which is also off by about 1 mpg
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,802 Posts
kmagnuss said:
mine does the same thing. she lies!

my mpg says 16.3 normally, which is also off by about 1 mpg
Don't you have oversize tyres?
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top