RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a strange problem here, jumped in my 1994 V8 Range Rover Classic went to adjust the electric driver seat (right hand seat uk) and nothing happened after trying all the adjustments the seat didn't move but I noticed that the seat adjustments were moving the mirrors.... both of them! Passenger seat adjustment works ok, just can not move the drivers seat! The electric mirror adjustment knob still adjusts the mirrors..... but not the drivers seat!

Any ideas how to fix or what the problem is?

Many thanks

Jonny

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,480 Posts
Very likely caused by VARTA battery leak in drivers seat ecu. Your UK 94 RRC is a soft dash, correct? These are notorious for leaking after a few years. Plenty of threads here on this issue. Stateside, soft dash was 95 MY.

If the drivers power seat still works, the damage to the ecu pcb may be repairable. Pull it out from underneath the seat and exam. You’ll most likely have to replace the battery, maybe a capacitor and/or some minor trace repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
342 Posts
seat ecu is dying

pull it out, clean terminals and desolder battery. replace if you need memory

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both very much, found the thread on here and have been reading, will try the repair over the next few weeks! Thanks again Jonny

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you are using the programmable buttons, both the seat and the mirrors should move.

ECU damage might just be to seat terminals leaving the mirrors working.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts