RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a MOSTAUX-RR in their RR? I was wanting to see if I could do it myself. I don't know of a reliable installer in Kansas CIty unless someone knows one. The instructions that Navtv puts on their website doesn't really tell you where in the car to install, etc...

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had it professionally installed in my 06 six weeks or so ago by a high-end car installer in the Seattle area. Judging by the nearly 3 hours it took those guys and the fiber optics involved, I would not attempt it myself.

Best of luck

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Ditto. Unless you do car electronics as your main gig, get one of those stereo whiz kids to do it for a couple of hundred $.

I've "hooked up" the system on every vehicle I've owned including my Defender (Nav, TV, Backup camera, completely custom sub-woofer, amp, and speakers), but the Range is a PITA to mate its electronics w/ a "foreign" product. If your up to the challenge and have a buddy, who's a pro to do it with, then go for it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Fiber optic changes are a pain. Basically you remove the "correct" fiber optic line from the block and insert a new one inline. They are all in "series" so you have to make sure the out of the "correct" one goes into the in of the new one and then the out of the new one connects to the final line. Hope this is helpful :shock:

It is really not that challenging if you have done a few before, but learning on your first one will be a frustrating experience. I highly recommend someone else to do it.

There are no fiber optics in the 02-04 MKIII RR so you simply upgrade the radio to the newer version that supports aux and plug in the aux cable

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had it professionally installed in my 06 six weeks or so ago by a high-end car installer in the Seattle area. Judging by the nearly 3 hours it took those guys and the fiber optics involved, I would not attempt it myself.

Best of luck
Hi. Does the MOSTAUX block out the satnav voice? Looks like this is the only way to get audio into a 2006 RR ignoring the FM senders but looks like it overrides all audio and hence you'd loose satnav?

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope, it take over the CD player but you can install a toggle to select between the Aux or CD.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
8 Posts
Hi - Just purchased the MOSTAUX-RR device for my '06. Who did you use in Seattle? CarToys? Stero Warehouse?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts