RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Range Rover Sport HSE
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a variety pack of retainer clips to have on hand.

In your opinion what are some of the "must have" retainer clip sizes that are used in multiple places on the RRS?

I want to make sure I get the right sizes to replace a few I broke underneath the front fenders during an air suspension replacement job, and those near the rear fenders from another job last year, but also to have some on hand just in case the next time I have to pull some parts apart both interior and exterior.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
145 Posts
Honestly I think you wanna stick with oem from dealer. I have a multipack of different sizes from amazon and even tho they are very similar in size they just for some reason don’t hold as tight. Even after windshield replacement, safelite used very similar clips on A pillars but they were loose. Bought new from the dealer and they grip tight.

·
Registered
2007 Range Rover Sport SC L320
112 Posts
I agree.

Surprisingly, little things like nuts and bolts,retainers,etc, are around $1-$2 at the dealership and they fit perfectly. You also know that they are made to spec along with your Rover to withstand wear and tear, adverse weather conditions, and are durable. Maybe get one them find something like it.

Honestly I think you wanna stick with oem from dealer. I have a multipack of different sizes from amazon and even tho they are very similar in size they just for some reason don’t hold as tight. Even after windshield replacement, safelite used very similar clips on A pillars but they were loose. Bought new from the dealer and they grip tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts