RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
G'day,
The light on the top right is the traction control pressure light. I assume it's around a 93 model and thus have abs and traction control on the rear axle. This light turns on to tell us a few things. 1. if the pressure is to low in the accumulator ball for the traction control to work (this is why it's on when you start the car up as the electric motor is charging the accumulator ball). 2. To indicate that the traction control is working, i.e., off road. or 3. To indicate that something is wrong with the traction control system.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The lower one is the transmission temperature warning light. It comes on with the ignition (as displayed) to show that it's working, but only a problem if it comes on whilst driving.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks thats great. I know why the top one is one then as the accumilator needs replacing (have one ready to fit) but the other only came on while bringing it home. The gearbox is working fine but I will check the fluid level. Basically she stalled on the way home when the water level dropped and the LPG cut out. She took some time to restart and all the lights went crazy and I have had to reset the collision switxh (the one that opens the doors and switches the hazards on) everything else has gone back to normal but the lower one seems to be staying on for some odd reason. Oh well more fun investigating I suppose.

Cheers

:thumb:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Done the accumilator and both the ABS and the TC (which I didn't know it had woohoo) have gone out. Result. The motor runs for about 1-2 mins now before stopping so I guess thats how it should be?

The bottom light comes on when I put the handbrake on and the brake lights above it come on when I release the handbrake ?? Odd. So now disconnected the battery and giving it a good charge before looking further.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I think the Transmission Temp warning light is supposed to come on and off with the handbrake - it's so you can confirm that the warning light is functioning. The Brake warning light should do the same, unless there's something triggering the warning - low fluid etc. Are you saying that the brake warning light does the opposite, ie on with the h/b off and off with it on?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

Yes exactly.

From your reply though I think I know wat may be wrong. After changing the accumilator I haven't yet checked the fluid level :oops:

I will let you know when I get back out there later.

:pray:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TehPriest said:
Hi

Yes exactly.

From your reply though I think I know wat may be wrong. After changing the accumilator I haven't yet checked the fluid level :oops:

I will let you know when I get back out there later.

Topped up all lights now go out YES :D

But.... the accumilator seems to take a while to get up to pressure still after standing for an hour. About 4 mins. The pump also seems noisey to me so I guess it is a case of changine the pump next to see if that will cure it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
They are quite noisy, but 4 mins sounds a bit long.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts