RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are lots of guys that claim to be customizers out there (the Sport forum has its share), but it rare to find true talent such as this. The automotive world is truly blessed to have someone with the vision this man has.

http://www.jvdcustomworks.com/index.html

I especially like what he does with the interiors and the LCD screens. If any of you are more local to South Carolina and wish to get some customization done, I would be interested to see what he can do with a Range Rover before I take mine down there.

Disclaimer: While I wish I did, I have no connection to this shop.
 

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
Joined
·
9,242 Posts
Glad I didn't just eat a full meal.....I may be seeing it again.

Martin
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
27,794 Posts
shrek said:
I don`t see it any different from RR Evoque.
LMAO, you are SOOOO right on. Now all that Saturn needs is the Evoque front end "upgrade" and it will look just like a new Range Rover.
 

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
4,459 Posts
I particularly like this quote from the website section : About Us

"We also custom build suspension, body panels, interior, and paint. If you want to personalize your vehicle wither you know what you want done or may need a little help fingering out what would look great on it, let us help!"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
LMHO - have people actually paid him to do that to their cars. :lol:

Did you also notice his "suspention" section and "we believe there’s not anything that can’t be done!" - can any one offer an English translation :think:
 

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
5,421 Posts
leftlanetruckin said:
Glad I didn't just eat a full meal.....I may be seeing it again.

Martin

Bloody hell. You are so right.

Please tell me that no one had such bad taste as to buy that!

Hmm, may there is in the USA - I've seen enough examples of bad taste amongst our RRS brethren on this forum.
 

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
5,421 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
There are lots of guys that claim to be customizers out there (the Sport forum has its share), but it rare to find true talent such as this. The automotive world is truly blessed to have someone with the vision this man has.
Goosey, this was written with your tongue firmly planted in your cheek, wasn't it? Please tell me that is so.
 

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
p38arover said:
Goosey, this was written with your tongue firmly planted in your cheek, wasn't it? Please tell me that is so.
A definite yes. `)

But I wonder from an artistic standpoint if a case can be made that it's so bad, it's good...in a "Dumb and Dumber" movie kinda way. "Lloyd" here is obviously working with a tight budget from his clients as evidenced by the ill-fitting seat covers, and the shag dash treatments made of inferior Chinese polyester.

Compare it to the following (a beloved Revere HSR w a chrome twist and similarly polished website that plays Chopin in the background while you visit),

http://media.photobucket.com/image/revere hsr/Startech1/yianni_3.jpg

I'm sure a trunkload of quid was spent on this and if by court order I had to drive around looking like an asswipe...I'd go with "Lloyd." :thumb:
 

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
Joined
·
9,242 Posts
Wonder why they always pick the RR Sport to "modify"? Must be a market with the sport owners apparently... :lol: ;)

Martin
 

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
5,421 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
p38arover said:
Goosey, this was written with your tongue firmly planted in your cheek, wasn't it? Please tell me that is so.
A definite yes. `)

But I wonder from an artistic standpoint if a case can be made that it's so bad, it's good...in a "Dumb and Dumber" movie kinda way.
Like paintings by a chimpanzee? `)
 

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
Joined
·
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
p38arover said:
Like paintings by a chimpanzee? `)
Amid wild scenes, three paintings by a chimpanzee were sold for £14,400, more than 20 times their estimate... `)
 

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
Joined
·
5,421 Posts
gooseyloosey said:
p38arover said:
Like paintings by a chimpanzee? `)
Amid wild scenes, three paintings by a chimpanzee were sold for £14,400, more than 20 times their estimate... `)

LOL!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top