RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, two nights ago I had to have the RRS towed into the dealer. While the wife was driving home she got the reduced power warning on the dash. The truck bogged down and would barely move. She was able to limp it back home and warning actually went off. When I pulled in there was a loud hissing sound coming from the bottom of the drivers side door. It looked like the front left suspension was loosing air. Come to find out that the air resevior had a puncture and was loosing air. So I had it towed in. I finally got the truck back today. They had to replace the tank and when it comes to the power loss they had to replace the secondary water pump that cools the supercharger. I haven't heard of that before, is this something common? I've also had a couple of other problems with the air suspension like the evaporator going out as well as the ride height adjustment sensor. I'm still under warranty so that's ok, but I have to deal with this dealer who acts like I'm an idiot. Has anyone had these type of issues? Just wondering, I'd appreciate any input

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
Tell us your coordinates. As in where are you located? if they're going to make you feel like an idiot then disclose their name brother.
Plus, there might be some of their customers on this forum who might tell you who or how to communicate with them to solve your issue.

Rafa

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
madherm said:
They had to replace the tank and when it comes to the power loss they had to replace the secondary water pump that cools the supercharger. I haven't heard of that before, is this something common?
The first issue is not common at all - your air reservoir suffered a puncture, I guess it's a freak accident that could happen to anyone (one of the reasons why I love my RS rock sliders, they protect both reservoir and compressor / lines along with my doors and sills...) The second issue with the auxiliary S/C pump has popped up on this forum before though, especially on MY06s. On a few cars, LR admitted miswiring these pumps at the factory, causing them to run in reverse and eventually fail under load. :shock: There have been a couple of TSBs issued about S/C coolant pumps over the years, see: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31543&start=7 But both issues happening together, boy... Are you sure your wife didn't go rock crawling with her friends without telling you two nights ago? `)

·
Registered
93 Posts
madherm said:
So, two nights ago I had to have the RRS towed into the dealer. While the wife was driving home she got the reduced power warning on the dash. The truck bogged down and would barely move. She was able to limp it back home and warning actually went off. When I pulled in there was a loud hissing sound coming from the bottom of the drivers side door. It looked like the front left suspension was loosing air. Come to find out that the air resevior had a puncture and was loosing air. So I had it towed in. I finally got the truck back today. They had to replace the tank and when it comes to the power loss they had to replace the secondary water pump that cools the supercharger. I haven't heard of that before, is this something common? I've also had a couple of other problems with the air suspension like the evaporator going out as well as the ride height adjustment sensor. I'm still under warranty so that's ok, but I have to deal with this dealer who acts like I'm an idiot. Has anyone had these type of issues? Just wondering, I'd appreciate any input
The reduced power is fairly common, as stated P2601 fault code for coolant pump. The reservoir is also some what common, water builds up inside the reservoir and it rusts from the inside out, I hope they replaced your EAS drier. ibis1 ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer is Land Rover of Cary in Raleigh, NC. I've argued with them several times and have even had to call LRUSA because of them. I'm just SOL because they are a closest dealer at 1 1/2 drive while Charlotte is 2 hours away. It's a hike either way. Thanks for the inputs on the problems. They did replace the pump and cylinder. I hate bad service from a dealer. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts