RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More on my L322 resurrection. Drivers rear wheel doesn't turn.

Bought it, driver's side rear tire was flat, had been sitting (looks like a sprinkler had been spraying on it). Wheel was locked fairly solid. Figured it was the brakes. Got the rotor off (had to break it apart) and it still barely turns (in neutral, have to put a bar on the hub).

What are the weak points in the rear axle? Passenger side spins fine, driver's side, not so much.

I'd rather just order whatever I'm going to need as opposed to pulling it apart, then waiting for parts to arrive, so I figured I'd ask. What's the consensus? I know the front differentials have issues, but the rears?

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: More on my L322 resurrection. Drivers rear wheel doesn't turn.

Worth noting I DID put a bar on it, and it DOES spin a bit more freely. I bolted the wheel on and can spin it by hand. In one area it's rather free (I'd say 45 degrees of rotation) then it seems to get stiff again.

I would have taken it apart already, but my axle bolts appear to be rotted. They are just round nubs with absolutely no sort of spline or head-lol.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
877 Posts
Re: More on my L322 resurrection. Drivers rear wheel doesn't turn.

Well, it sounds like you've got your work cut out!

There are a lot of variables in what you are asking. If the tranny is in park, then spinning one wheel wheel will also spin the opposite wheel backwards. So you could very well be feeling drag in the passenger side brake. If that is not the case, then the hub bearings may be corroded...like everything else on that side. In any case, it'll haveto come apart to see what's going on. Trying to order everything you need beforehand will probably be difficult...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts