RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the site, however have used it during the last month inorder to learn abit more about DIY mods. I own a 2008 RRS, Black on Aplaca 23kms. Bought it new in 08. Currently all I have done is my wheels, 24inch 3 peice forged &Swiss rims with Cooper Zoen 285/30/24 and Led lights for the license plate.

Mods Im looking for help on:
Removing the tail light lense and clearing out. (Have tried this myself twice, once it started melting and the other I used a heat gun and wasnt getting anywhere.

If anyone can help me with this mod it would be great. I also read a member saying that they scored around the end of the light and "cut" there way through the glue to get it off. Furthermore, is the lense flat or imbended into the housing.

If theres any members in Vancouver, b.c or Seatle, Wa that could maybe help me in doing some mods that would be great. I dont want you to do it! I want to seek guidance and help you with your suv if needed.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Re: mods wanting to be completed before my school breaks over.

2008RRSHSR said:
Furthermore, is the lense flat or imbended into the housing.
Hey welcome, but where do you go to school?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Kwantlen university....and I thought it was imbeded since I tried scoring the sides a bit, however it seems to dip lower.

·
Registered
199 Posts

How do college students afford range rovers these days?

·
Registered
543 Posts

08RS.

Get in touch with 'Rovertech' in VanC, B.C. during the holidays and their crew might steer you in the right direction matey ? ?

Eball - you asked how do college students afford Range Rovers these days ! "Its not what you know, its who you know" dude ! !

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

Drevs said:
Thanks. :thumb: .

eball77 said:
Its actually a very common car among college/med school students. I think it might be giving the 3 series a bit of a run for the $.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

vinniman said:
08RS.

Get in touch with 'Rovertech' in VanC, B.C. during the holidays and their crew might steer you in the right direction matey ? ?

Eball - you asked how do college students afford Range Rovers these days ! "Its not what you know, its who you know" dude ! !
Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.
THAT IS VERY TRUE, and I have contacted 'Rovertech' and am most likely getting my brake pads changed from them. Buying the pads online, $90 an hour for labor. Beats the $120 that Richmond of Landrovers quoting. Rovertech said itll take two hours, sound reasonable? I still need to call some Range rover mechanics in Seatle, WA.

·
Registered
543 Posts

08RS.

Can't see why one has to get them to fit brake pads ? It's a simple job, just remember to turn front wheels out on each side !

If you're planning to keep your hands clean and warm, just get them to do the work if there are other tasks needing their help.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
199 Posts

gooseyloosey said:
Drevs said:
Thanks. :thumb: .

eball77 said:
Its actually a very common car among college/med school students. I think it might be giving the 3 series a bit of a run for the $.
Still no understanding by me..... I thought college cost money .... and you don't get payed to go to college.... and most of the time you leave college with a lot of debt..... screw it , buy a range rover?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

vinniman said:
08RS.

Can't see why one has to get them to fit brake pads ? It's a simple job, just remember to turn front wheels out on each side !

If you're planning to keep your hands clean and warm, just get them to do the work if there are other tasks needing their help.

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.
Im good with my hands, changed my dads honda civic brake pads in highschool also. However, I dont want to ruin anything on the suv :crybaby2: . Is there any detailed threads explaing how to install brake pads on range rover sports. Furthermore, if possible, rotors, and front and rear brake sensors. Im thinking about installing slotted, drilled rotors with the FERONTO stock brake pads or even the "green stuff" brake pads. I have 24's which I believe are causing my brakes to wear prematurily. The dealer ship says I have 4mm left and my truck only has 24xxx Km/14xxxMiles on it.Does anyone believe that the slotted rotors would make a difference? ALSO if their are any threads of installment.I did a search of BRAKE CHANGE, however didnt find any descriptive instructions for sports. THANK-YOU!!!! :geek:

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

2008RRSHSR said:
I did a search of BRAKE CHANGE, however didnt find any descriptive instructions for sports. THANK-YOU!!!! :geek:
There are instructions in the sticky, but also stay tuned young grasshopper :thumb:
Btw, I believe FERONTO pads are only available in Ontario.

eball77 said:
and you don't get payed (sic)to go to college.... and most of the time you leave college with a lot of debt..... screw it , buy a range rover?
Eball,

+

+

=

1 - 12 of 12 Posts