RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me by pointing out what exactly is different among previous years? I know the 2010 has been redesigned, but what has changed before that? I have seen it mentioned that 07/08 MYs have proven to be a favorite, but I can't find out why.

And then I see the quote below, saying "Nothing earth shattering was added in 07 and 08"

:?:

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewto ... 23#p304839
vinniman said:
The '07/'08 RRS models, i.e. "the facelift" versions are THE most reliable model so far to get either HSE or Supercharged form.
http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/viewto ... =5&t=30885
umbertob said:
Nothing earth shattering was added in 07 and 08 (and 09) model years, just a few ergonomic improvements, trim finishes and paint colors.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Crouching kitten - hidden Hippo.

The missing detail not mentioned in our rr.net overview was the availability in overseas markets of the 3.6ltr V8 TTD version !

General improvements from the factory on a mechanical and electrical perspective have been a hallmark of LR's from the past.

I even recall test driving a then new 2.7ltr TD V6 in Perth during 2008 and was really impressed compared to the initial batch with the selection of interior finishes and exterior colours (I still love the Rimini Red/Tan leather/Timber combo) available ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline [ facelift ]
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had a 2006, and now have a soon to be departing 2008 HSE. I must say that there is little if anything of relevant difference. Those that come to mind:

(1) The 2006 had a secret code that let you use the navigation while in motion. The later models did not, which is vastly annoying. But, if anyone updated the maps in the 2006 the code also becomes unworkable.

(2) The 2008 has power folding side mirrors. I could care less.

(3) Power tilt and telescope on the 2008 steering wheel. The 2006 was power telescope/manual tilt. I haven't moved the steering wheel in 2 years.

(4) Slightly different trim packages (most noticeably the wood and silver color tone) and wheels. The Bluetooth is improved, but much (if not all) of the improvements could be added to the 2006 (and for free, I believe).

On the plus side, the 2008 was much cheaper than the 2006 when I got them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts