RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm one of the OGs around here from way back in 2005/2006 and looking to finally upgrade my Vesuvius First Edition RRSC that I got in 2005. I'm hunting for a 2014, 2015, or 2016 5.0SC sport. I'm wondering the differences between the model years but didn't see a sticky, and google was little help. I know LR started putting in seat coolers at some point, but when was that? I read the 2016 goes to access mode when you put it in park. I'd like to know those types of details... Can anyone help or point me in the right direction? TIA!

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
906 Posts
I'm one of the OGs around here from way back in 2005/2006 and looking to finally upgrade my Vesuvius First Edition RRSC that I got in 2005. I'm hunting for a 2014, 2015, or 2016 5.0SC sport. I'm wondering the differences between the model years but didn't see a sticky, and google was little help. I know LR started putting in seat coolers at some point, but when was that? I read the 2016 goes to access mode when you put it in park. I'd like to know those types of details... Can anyone help or point me in the right direction? TIA!
A quick couple things that I have noticed and I'll try to add later.

The tailgate is no longer a split tailgate so depending on your thoughts. That sucks. My 2011 had it and my 2017 doesn't and I miss it. That is one of the main reasons that I didn't upgrade my 2011 in 2013.

My 2011 had 2 glove compartments. My 2017 doesn't but I heard they added it back in 2018. The pen holder in the lower glove compartment is so far in it is under whatever your store in there like the owners manual. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a quick place to put your pen. I know it is a small detail just odd is all.

The auto access height can be turned on or off which is good. I park in off road height. And off road height has a higher threshold so the truck will not automatically lower until above 40mph.

I think auto high beams were added on some trims in 2016. Could have been earlier I forget.

Daytime headlights are standard (USA) but I read you can have them disabled if there is no law requiring them. I haven't asked the dealer about it yet because I do not want them to do it if it means loosing auto on lights and auto high beams.

The center screen got bigger a couple years in to the new body style.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you can, consider a 2017. The advancements on the tech side are a quantum leap forward relative to 2014-16, and it'll make your comparison analysis easier since the 17s will "have it all". :)

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, ventilated seats is what I'm after. Those are nice to have in PHX!

A quick couple things that I have noticed and I'll try to add later.
Thanks for the list. SO MANY new features compared to my 2006 dinosaur. Pretty cool.

I'm not against a '17, but I just don't know enough about what the improvements are, tech or otherwise, to justify the extra 20K+. Wish I could find some comparison list/chart/whatevs.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,126 Posts
Check out ovalnews who should still have the releases from LR concerning each model year in their archives which are very detailed in describing what's new for each year.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the two ideas. The auto brochures are good, I've been looking through them and it's helpful. Slow way to compare features but it's the best I've found so far, so thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts