RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Well, i have a new problem :twisted:
I need to relocate the gearbox radiator.. its 1 more of that beautifully design LRs things :doh: .... Mine is a automatic 2.5DSE so the radiator is in left side behind the front bumper almost in the ground, have anyone do this mod before?

i'm trying to built a Offroader :mrgreen: lolol

Cheers
Sérgio Santos

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
I know a couple folks here have gone with after market coolers and mounted them infront of the radiator/behind the grill.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

The problem is that I don´t feel secure offroading with the GB radiator so close to the ground... If I need to do a more agressive move in mud for example, I'm afraid that I can hit something... The idea to change with one of a 4.6 is a good idea to explore even with the intercooler there.

No one do this mod?

Regards,

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To better explain my feelings...

like Jeremy of top gear... How hard could it be? lol

Regards,
Sérgio Santos

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
I'm very interested by this mod. Keep going

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,

I don´t know yet what to do with it.. Now I have a most common failure to deal with... battery drain... I will put a dual battery with split charging, deactive the alarm and disconnect the RF receiver, I hope this stop the drain.

Today its my daily drive but very soon it will be used only on weekend and vacations.. So I hoping to transform it in a expedition vehicle.

I will update this when I have news :thumb:

Regards

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey there,

Does anybody have any more ideas of that mod ? The thing is that I broke my bumper some time ago and then I had temperature problems which got sorted now(thanks to this forum) ... but as on first day I took the beast out I managed to hit the gearbox radiator(it was bloody dark and in long grass there was concrete that I did not expect :(), I broke some part off the radiator(luckily no leaks and it works) and one of the bolts that hold it place plus I bent it in so many ways :( ... so it is prefect sample why we need to find a new place for that radiator :)

anyway other problem with this is that Im looking for new radiator but I cant find part number for it, can somebody tell me the part number for automatic gearbox radiator (diesel 2.5) ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts