RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“Mod-friendly” dealer in tri-state area? Resonator removal

I still have the factory warranty, which will be followed by CPO, but I really want to cut the 2nd resonator out of the exhaust. Does anyone know if any NY/NJ dealers would condone that? I heard a few RRS’s with the resonator removed and I’m hooked, but i am afraid of sacrificing the warranty. Anyone have a “mod-friendly” dealer they can point me to? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Re: “Mod-friendly” dealer in tri-state area? Resonator remo

Why would removing a resonator void the warranty? It's a muffler, not a catalytic converter.

·
Registered
42 Posts

removing the resonators will only void the warranty if it caused failure for whatever your bringing the car in for. A blanket statement stating that it will void your car warranty is wrong. Ive modified tons of cars and went in for tons of warranty work with no issues. For instance lets say you remove your resonator and your AC goes out or your sun roof starts leaking. The dealership will fix it under your manufacturer warranty. I do not see an instance where removing the secondary resonators can cause any part of the car to fail. Wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
202 Posts

I agree removing the resonator is innocuous and therefore should be a non event. For something to not be covered by warranty the dealer and/or Land Rover would have to prove the deletion of the resonator caused it which would be very dificult to do. I had my resonator removed from my Porsche 911 with full dealer knowledge and it was never an issue.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts

It's really no different than adding a cat back exhaust system to a car. The pipes and mufflers behind the converter are changed out. I don't kmow of any manufacturer that will void a warranty with this change.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a resonator delete is in my very near future then. Have a busy few weeks coming up, but i should be able to get this done in about 3 weeks. I’ll report back.

Anyone have a sound clip/video of a RRS V8 with the resonator removed? Bunch of V6 vids or V8s with other exhaust mods, but i cant find one that’s stock with just the resonator removed. I’ll go ahead with mine for sure, so if i dont find one, i’ll post a comparison of mine, before and after.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks like a resonator delete is in my very near future then. Have a busy few weeks coming up, but i should be able to get this done in about 3 weeks. I’ll report back.

Anyone have a sound clip/video of a RRS V8 with the resonator removed? Bunch of V6 vids or V8s with other exhaust mods, but i cant find one that’s stock with just the resonator removed. I’ll go ahead with mine for sure, so if i dont find one, i’ll post a comparison of mine, before and after.
Both Resonators deleted on my V8. No drone. Rumbles loud on all gas pedal push then quiets back down when normal driving. If you don't want too loud then just do 1 resonator. I wanted it loud. I also have a BMW M3 with performance package and M performance exhaust. It farts, gurgles, and barks constantly.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Both Resonators deleted on my V8. No drone. Rumbles loud on all gas pedal push then quiets back down when normal driving. If you don't want too loud then just do 1 resonator. I wanted it loud. I also have a BMW M3 with performance package and M performance exhaust. It farts, gurgles, and barks constantly.
Do you find it raspy? Your video makes it sound "raspier" than stock and I'm not sure if that's just the audio quality.

I also have both resonators deleted but I had a custom X-pipe installed at the suggestion of the shop. It eliminated most of the rasp from the sound but is also louder than stock and sounds pretty good. I sort of miss the rasp of the stock exhaust on hard acceleration (sounds mean) but I'm also afraid of it being too much if I eliminated the X-pipe entirely. To give you some context, the X-pipe sounds more "exotic" in the mid-RPMs, similar to my old E92 M3. I will try to take a video soon for comparison. It would be great if you could made a driving video or some drive-bys.

·
Registered
26 Posts
More videos please ! :dance:

I have the 5L Full Sized Range Rover and when I removed both resonators, I felt it was a little too raspy too. So now, I fitted one resonator back and find it too quiet and I'm kindof missing the rasp a little.. I might try the X-pipe option. @404M3, does the X-pipe remove the rasp totally ? I would love a little rasp but not too much.. Also, do you have a picture of your setup ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Both Resonators deleted on my V8. No drone. Rumbles loud on all gas pedal push then quiets back down when normal driving. If you don't want too loud then just do 1 resonator. I wanted it loud.
Nice! When you say both resonators, you removed the 2 in the middle? The flat muffler looking one as well as the bigger one right after? When removing one, i think we keep the little one in the front and remove the big one behind it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts