RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, recently acquired a 2011 RR (my first Rover) and looking at replacing/modifying the H/K Logic7 system. I'd really like to keep the stock display for various reasons (steering wheel controls, backup cam, etc) and use the Mobridge DA3 with some aftermarket amps and probably a custom sub/enclosure; the DSP in the DA3 should get me close enough to what I would like for now.

My question is: will the DA3 (which I assume has the same compatibility as the DA1 or DA2) work with my 2011? Their compatibility grid only lists them as being for 2013+ (well actually they state 2012, but I assume they meant 2013), and I haven't gotten a reply to my email enquiring about compatibility with earlier models. However, from what I could find on the forums here it sounds like a few users have had success with them on L322's? That would save a lot of trouble as I can't find any M.O.S.T adapters that specify compatibility with 2012 and earlier, so I was beginning to think about an L405 infotainment retrofit and see how feasible that would be, but would love to avoid that if possible.

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Why not use the HK+ 1200watt OE system, my 2011 SC has it and it sounds great.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 1200W system, but it's just not to my liking. I guess I'm a bit of an audiophile and my previous car had a decent setup (Alpine H/U & H701 processor, Zapco amps, JBL components & JBL GTi sub) that sounded pretty good, so I was a bit underwhelmed when I got the RR. If I can get the Mobridge to work, I should be in good shape.

One of my issues with the stock system is that they try to make it sound "good" in every seat, which means compromises. I'm the only one in the car 80-90% of the time, so I want it tuned for the driver seat (plus honestly I'm the only one that really cares about how it sounds). Once you've had a system setup with proper speaker delay timing (and balanced EQ), it's hard to go back; everything sounds much tighter. I also really dislike the "surround" (e.g. Logic7) processing for stereo sources; music is mixed and mastered in stereo, so that's how I intend to listen to it. You lose a lot of the nuances when they fake the surround stuff.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I decided to check my speakers today and noticed the driver side midrange wasn't firing; turns out it got disconnected when the window was replaced (I'm assuming) right before I got it. Now that I have it plugged back in, it definitely helped balance out the system and I'm happier with it. I can't say I'm in love with it still, but it is much better.

That being said, I've got an Audison bit DMI coming (rebadged Mobridge DA1 from what I can gather), so we'll what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts