RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to get mobile phone messages on the info panel on 2017 RRS? Asked RR dealer who performed software update but still no icon for messages. I think the message icon should appear. After that I thought it was just a case of getting a compatible phone.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Aberfoyle, I am having the exact same problem with my iPhone. There is no messages button on the phone screen and no option to read messages on the phone after the update. I tried un-pairing/re-pairing my phone but that didn't help.

I already reached out to my service advisor who is looking into it. I'm wondering if it's a matter of resetting ICTP (clearing all settings to factory), but I have not been able to find how to do it.

By the way, another issue I'm having after the update is that iPod voice commands don't work. I have an iPod permanently connected to the car via USB and none of the commands (play playlist x, play artist y) work. If you have that setup, give it a try. I'd love to hear your experience.

Jose

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Assuming you guys have a relatively up to date ICTP: when your phone is connected to the car via BT, check your connection settings: by default I think the Show Notifications toggle is in off mode. That needs to be on for the car to show the text messages.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Totya, mine is running 18C. It's actually the other way around. ICTP should show a Messages button on the phone screen after the update, that tells the phone's BT connection that the system has message reading capabilities. At that time (at least on iPhone), the phone shows a "Show Notifications" option in the Bluetooth connection to the car, which you can toggle on/off. See attached image for reference.

My ICTP is missing the Messages button on the phone screen (as it looks like the OP's is doing as well).

notifications.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
right, that's what I meant. that's the only variable, other than that, the 18 (b, c) systems support this without having to do anything there. you guys cannot get carplay? ICTP's text message support is dumb - it can read incoming texts but that's it - cannot respond to them when using iOS. Carplay is way better, since you can ask Siri to respond.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts