RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a cross USA tour in my 2008 RRSS and will be in the Moab area this weekend. Is anyone interested in doing some off-roading in Moab on Sunday? If not, can anyone give me some advice on some non-vehicle killing trails I could do alone? I have experience with Jeeps and Hummer H1s, but haven't off-roaded yet with my RR.

Thanks,

Sean

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Have you been on Moab trails before? You can run Fins N Things and Hell's Revenge completely stock, with some of the bottom of the bumpers scraping, but if you are alone or never wheeled those trails before I would not recommend it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have done a fair amount of off-roading on pretty technical trails but never in Moab. I know it would be unwise to go it alone, so I'm counting on others in this forum to defy the urban pimp-mobile stereotype that our great vehicles have garnered and join me in the desert!

Sean

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well,...gooseyloosey,

As I look at your own user id and avatar, I get the feeling that you did not have to search far to point out an apparent gender identity conflict - and what may be lurking behind that ! :lol:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I have done a fair amount of off-roading on pretty technical trails but never in Moab. I know it would be unwise to go it alone, so I'm counting on others in this forum to defy the urban pimp-mobile stereotype that our great vehicles have garnered and join me in the desert!

Sean
I'm being called-out here :shock:

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Well,...gooseyloosey,

As I look at your own user id and avatar, I get the feeling that you did not have to search far to point out an apparent gender identity conflict - and what may be lurking behind that ! :lol:
I'd like to point a few things out:
1. That picture was taken back in the early 1980's when I had long hair and that sort of skiwear was very much in fashion--its Bogner btw.
2. That fabric is more of a dark magenta which somehow rendered as a more pinkish color in my avatar
3. I'm a very flexible man

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the axe murderer thing: It's hard for me to say anything that would prove otherwise, but if you show up and your fear proves valid you can take comfort in knowing that you have an excellent get away vehicle.

I'm still planning on being in Moab on Sunday if anyone else manages to overcome their fear of getting their off-road vehicle dusty.

On an entirely different note, I have driven 3500 miles in the past 7 days from eastern Canada south to Tennessee and across to Death Valley, CA today. I have to say two things: America is stunningly beautiful and I like my Range Rover Sport.

Thus ends my declarations.

Sean (maybe)

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
How much for a gal of Premium in Furnace Creek today, just curious? It sounds like a wonderful trip, I wish I could join you. Have a great time and post some photos for us poor bastards who have to work after the holidays... :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
http://www.californiagasprices.com/GasPriceSearch.aspx

5.25...gulp. Though I guess if they wanted to, they could charge $10?

'Cause as you know Umberto, when that light comes on...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts