1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is awesome - I cant wait to get out there! Been trying to find time to do a trip that isn't one to the airport!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
514 Posts
Thanks for sharing the photos. It looks like it was a great adventure. I love seeing these rigs in the wild.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
87 Posts
That's so awesome, looks like a great time!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tires are 275/55 20 Cooper ATPs

People have asked about tire sizes multiple times in this board
These work great as a balance for highway and Offroad & snow. I don’t find them to be loud. I find them to be stable in corners but they are not SVR-on-a-track appropriate. Haha.
There is rub only at a hard lock left or right

The bummer of these tires is that no one stocks them locally. The dealer unbelievably required me to order the two replacement tires recently and drop ship to their parts department instead of them ordering directly.

The 20s virtually eliminate risk of rim rash from my city livin’

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
18 Posts
What wheels are those ATPs on?

These work great as a balance for highway and Offroad & snow. I don’t find them to be loud. I find them to be stable in corners but they are not SVR-on-a-track appropriate. Haha.

The bummer of these tires is that no one stocks them locally. The dealer unbelievably required me to order the two replacement tires recently and drop ship to their parts department instead of them ordering directly.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
20 inch actually clear the brembos on the ATB? I have similar ATB but lowest I could actually go is 21s. 20s dont clear the brembos. Is it the the none OEM rim that clears and therefore people with brembos need to be aware of this?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
13 Posts
I have RRSS Dynamic with 20-inch wheels and KO2s. Assuming the brembos are the same on the Dynamic and ATB they should fit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Doing what these are meant to be doing
Wow! Beautiful. Great seeing these. Is that Hell's Revenge? Did you make it all the way?

I love the White Rim Road near Moab. Driven it with both RRS and RR. But this looks a little trickier. Great to see people getting out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Redbourne Nottinghams 20”

https://www.redbournewheels.com/land-rover-wheels/nottingham-range-rover-wheels.php

What wheels are those ATPs on?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Excellent question. I asked the exact same question.
These were my second choice rims
Onlinewheelsdirect represented that they knew for sure that all Redbourne wheels would fit all Land Rovers.
The dealer went so far as to lower the truck and roll a little before they realized that my first choice rims didn’t fit. They had to jack the truck back up and remove them. The dealer took responsibility. The retailer took none.

20 inch actually clear the brembos on the ATB? I have similar ATB but lowest I could actually go is 21s. 20s dont clear the brembos. Is it the the none OEM rim that clears and therefore people with brembos need to be aware of this?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good Eye.

Yes it is Hell’s Revenge.

And it was awesome.

Probably >40 passages on that route when I would not have taken any truck without me having a guide in a Jeep in front showing what was possible

My wife in the passenger seat went further in saying that without us having done the (much more mild) Land Rover experience—which gave some clue on what it felt like inside when in precarious situations—she would have bailed.

The guide said that we went farther than anyone else had ever gone with him. We made it though the whole thing. He said the closest comparable was a late-model Cayenne that got cold feet and turned around less than half-way.

The resort guide was complimenting my driving, but really the whole exercise benefits enormously, if not entirely, from the set up of the truck and the technology. Hill decent control is amazing.

He didn’t know what to say when he saw us do the route we did and then found out we also had a built-in center console cooler/fridge. We were not roughing it.

My sense is that we got a great deal more attention as more of a rare sight on a trail where most of the vehicles were heavily modified jeeps. Came out of it with only one mistake when nearing the end I neglected to take an angled approach on a transition from steep decent. Result was cosmetic impact to underside of air dam. There was only one tricky approach that eluded us: where an approach angle was nearly vertical. Even then, the Jeeps sometimes had to take >1 pass at it.

“Holy sh*t, that is a f**king Range Rover” was overheard directly once and in essence several times.

Doing what these are meant to be doing
Wow! Beautiful. Great seeing these. Is that Hell's Revenge? Did you make it all the way?

I love the White Rim Road near Moab. Driven it with both RRS and RR. But this looks a little trickier. Great to see people getting out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts