RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm new here, so hello everyone!

I was wondering if you could help me with a problem I have.

I have 2004 L322 and the sat nav is playing up. It has me locked 38miles from where I actually am. Spoke to a guy and he recommended buying a new antenna. This hasn't cued the problem though.
Now I am looking at upgrading the hardware to MKIV sat nav with the intention of buying one off ebay. I have two questions:

1) Based on anyone's experience, do you think this will cure the problem?
2) is this compatible with my range rover http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E38-E...arts_SM&fits=Car+Make:BMW&hash=item2c9404ddfb

Also, I have the latest maps for the sat nav.

Any help would be hugely appreciated

Many thanks

Macsrover

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
494 Posts
For the cost of a new (or new to you) MkIV Nav unit you can likely replace the entire head unit with a new plug and play unit and have touch screen, nav and GPS with an updated and much more user friendly and 21st Century rather than a 20th century interface.

Do a search here there are many threads and write ups. Try an Fleabay search for something like 7 inch radio DVD GPS navigation unit for a 2004 Range Rover. Or you can just replace it with a new MKIV unit and keep it stock but a bit more user friendly.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yes that will work, the only difference I think is it will say BMW on start up instead of Land Rover - I think a LR indy can change that without too much trouble.

I'm having to change mine as it was causing a battery drain. About MKIV $390 USD used from eBay.. Still cheaper and easier than changing the whole deal even though thats better.. (waiting on it to come in still)

·
Registered
494 Posts
You can get new firmware upgrade for about $50 bucks on line. This usually has a multiple choice start up menu option set up for Mini, BMW and Range Rover. V 32 I believe is the most up to date firmware. http://www.bmwnav.net

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for the help guys! much appreciated!

I've bought an MKIV unit which is en route as we speak!

With regards to my original point about the position being locked, do you think this problem will be cured by upgrading to an MKIV? Hopefully I won't have to buy a new display just yet!

Thanks in advance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts