RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know exactly what the clearance is for the RRSC with roof racks? I know that there are two different types, so infomation on both would be greatly appreciated. I just bought a 2006 RRSC and am planning on putting roof racks for my toys, but the clearance in my parking garage is only 6'4". I am worried that this will not clear once I put the racks on (especially the rail type as they look about an inch or two taller).

Thanks in advance for your reply!

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I hate to say it, but you won't be able to get any of the factory racks unless you find someone with new old stock. They have all been discontinued and LR is currently looking for a new company to make them. I was fortunate enough to find a new unused LR Expedition rack, which comes in at about 78".

Your lowest profile solution will be the Yakima Landing Pad #11. They are about 4" tall when the towers and bars are not on. Once set up, the towers and bars go on and off in seconds.

Here is a pic:

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/Y322.cfm

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PARR06 said:
I hate to say it, but you won't be able to get any of the factory racks unless you find someone with new old stock. They have all been discontinued and LR is currently looking for a new company to make them. I was fortunate enough to find a new unused LR Expedition rack, which comes in at about 78".

Your lowest profile solution will be the Yakima Landing Pad #11. They are about 4" tall when the towers and bars are not on. Once set up, the towers and bars go on and off in seconds.

Here is a pic:

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/Y322.cfm
Thanks Parr06! I found that there seems to be a hault on production of these racks fro some reason. But he Yakima is just too tall. I think I am going to go with the Rhino Spotrz racks. I will post pics and a review afterwards.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Good choice... I forgot that Rhino made that one. Hopefully you will be able to get into your garage without having to take them off, or having to put the truck in access mode.

·
Registered
42 Posts
darrinturner said:
Also Rhino Rack makes a rack almost identical to LR OEM. Check it out here http://www.urbanrovers.com/store/rhino-rack-range-rover-sportz-roof-rack-system-p-157.html it cost a fraction of what LR charges also.
I notice the Rhino Racks have the cross bars, but do the side rails come with it also? If so, that's a DAMNN good price and I'll order them today. I've seen some RR's with just the cross bars and it looks okay, but with the side rails is looks much better.

D

·
0 Posts
No, Rhino Rack did not make rails for the Range Rover like they did for the Sport and the LR3. We are not sure why, but after testing the rack, we do like it and it is easy to fit with out breaking off the gutter tabs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts