RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the official RR EAS calibration procedure / manual and measurements?
While playing with the EAS communications protocol, I accidentally recalibrated my EAS. From what I have gathered, the calibration procedure for the MKII is not like the P38a. The MKIII has a single calibrate function. When this function triggered, the current EAS height sensor values are used to determine the entire stored height profile map. So when I triggered the EAS calibrate function and was sitting at the standard height profile, I just raised all the stored heights by about an inch or two. The truck looks cool, but does not drive that great and I am sure it is not safe at highway or too great for my tires and or driveshaft angles.

Anyone have the official procedure and or height measurements to perform the calibration?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
Hey Storey, as your rig is an 03 it is still covered under RAVE. Calibration is procedure 60.90.03 under front suspension adjustments.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so I need to just throw away my older copy of the RAVE. The newer copy that I just obtained has the page that you referenced.

The problem though, is that the calibration page is just that, only a single page with just about three paragraphs of info. I am looking for a much more detailed procedure. Has anyone seen a more detailed procedure. For example, has anyone seen the procedure that the LR tech would follow?

If no one has seen anything, I will probably just goto the GTR reference site and pay for a days usage and I will let everyone know what I find.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am using my own self-written software. I am still in parts of the discovery process for the MKIII communications protocol. So while I was sending out a sequence of commands, I accidentally stumbled on the calibrate command.

Now I need some idea of how a Land Rover mechanic is susposed to calibrate the MKIII EAS. What steps are used during the calibration. It would go something like, use calibration blocks and then trigger calibration sequence on the T4. I would like to know either how tall the blocks are or some other type of measurement that I can calibrate to.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
That is very impressive work...

Can I beta test???

haha

I have an intermittent HDC inactive/ Air suspension inactive plus brake abs light on... Each time the rover throws this error (usually 5-10 minutes into a drive,) it drops down slightly... After you've powered the truck down, the suspension seems to reset itself, raising both the rear then the front... Once that's complete if you restart the range the codes are gone...

I saw you made a thread on this, but I believe my problem is a little different as it happens 100% of the time... I suspected a fouled ABS sensor, but they all seem in good condition and I'm not sure which one to pull...

Having some software that would ID the codes would be a huge asset, or perhaps you're familiar with this issue and have some advice?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
2 things, first I had the Suspension fault message and bong last week after going on a bumpy road, but it disappeared by itself almost immediately and the controls worked OK. The next day Suspension Lowered message appeared and the suspension light was off. Numerous restarts didn’t help, so I unplugged the battery and even touched the – and + cables for 30 seconds, hoping to reset... something. Well, it worked and for a week now I didn’t get any suspension message.
I assisted to a calibration procedure for my former car, a Discovery/LR3 but I don’t think it’s the same. First they put the car on a totally flat surface. Then they produced a special metal ruler that they fixed on each wheel hub, probably to have an exact reading and then thru the computer they introduced the values and checked the readings for each wheel at different heights. They then compensated for differences at each height and saved the whole thing. The funniest thing was that in the end the software locked and they had to reset the computer but they said that the procedure was successful (it wasn’t, the car was leaning on one side).

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
Storey, i follow your work on the L322.
Keep going :thumb:

·
Registered
144 Posts
From what I understand after talking to Overfinch (they are about 1 mile from where I live) you need a set of blocks which sit on the suspension arms. Car lowers down to blocks and sets that as the base of all suspesion height changes.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
Locky said:
From what I understand after talking to Overfinch (they are about 1 mile from where I live) you need a set of blocks which sit on the suspension arms. Car lowers down to blocks and sets that as the base of all suspesion height changes.
So similar in proceedure to the P38. Now we just need a picture and measurements for the blocks. :thumb:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Until we get the measurements,
Should I be worried about my tire camber and drive line angles?

My ride height is not that musch higher than normal. My standard height right now is just a bit lowre than the original extended profile.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts