RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2004 RR, the front right lowered itself to the bump stops, the rest of the truck is at normal ride height. The computer is saying "air suspension inactive".

I will need the car this weekend, and it's not really driveable in current state above 30mph, does anyone know if this type of issue sounds like an electrical issue - or something minor I can reset? I am having no luck with service shops today or tomorrow ahead of the long weekend - so I am on my own here, and want to try EVERYTHING before I give up.

All suggestions are welcome.

thanks and good weekend to all

tj

·
Registered
2007 HSE
388 Posts
A quick search of the site should provide sufficient clues, but most probably an air bag that went bad and needs replacement. Having said that, could also be a sensor.

Good luck.

·
Registered
285 Posts
You could try disconnecting the battery, leave it for 10 minutes or so, and then re-connect it.

If you're lucky and there is not an actual fault, it might re-set the ECU :dance:

If not, it's a trip to a garage with a test book I'm afraid :doh:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Air suspension issues have been hashed out really good in this forum so Im sure there is something on here already that can help. None the less it could be a number of things a leak in the line and hole in the bag bad compressor etc. only way to tell is do some trouble shooting there are methods on the forum already which will help and even if you reset the code it will most likely either come back or due further damage to the system it is trying to protect namely your compressor. You can go to RSW solutions and get the air suspension diagnostic device if your range has the right VIN range which will also tell you whats wrong. Unless you plan on doing the work yourself and overnight the part having it ready for this weekend probably will not happen. And disconnecting your battery has never worked for me the memory of the air suspension is on non volatile memory meaning it stores a code and until its erased (or problem fixed) by either the dealer or RSW device it stays. The fact that you say your getting the MAX 30mph message means its a hard fault which is also indicated by no lights in the suspension panel controls do some searching on here for more help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts