RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if these are something that can be bought and if so, where? I am missing a couple of these on my 2011 RR S/C. I guess they just pop off and go missing.....

Inkedchrome strips_LI.jpg

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
688 Posts
Missing one also. Probably don’t sell singles. Most likely sold in a pack.

Thinking of how to keep them from coming out and getting sucked up by the vacuum at the car wash. Maybe a dab of super glue.

Sent from my iPhone X

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
They are not sold separately at all. As posted dozens of times you have to purchase the entire vent. Your only other option is to hit up a breaker and find the vents you need.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
688 Posts
Well that an even bigger suck.
Someone needs to come up with the little trim piece and market it. I’d buy a pack of twelve.

Sent from my iPhone X

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I will pull one of these out of the black tab and see if this is something that maybe we could fashion out of something else. I used to have this same issue with my Audi S8 and never found a replacement for them either.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,952 Posts
super glue the remaining trims in.
Some fords have similar vents

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really, like what model of Ford? I am very interested to see if we could fashion something outta something thats already out there.

super glue the remaining trims in.
Some fords have similar vents

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,952 Posts
go to a pick a part recycler and look around
measure your old part first

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
28 Posts
I hunted on Ebay for months and purchased air vent assemblies for cheap. I replaced 8 in total that were missing.

·
Registered
2008 Range Rover L322 HSE
219 Posts
Reading this thread made me go out and look at mine, looks like mine are still all there. I tried to get one to come out and seemed like it was in there pretty good. Going to keep an eye on them now.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Reading this thread made me go out and look at mine, looks like mine are still all there. I tried to get one to come out and seemed like it was in there pretty good. Going to keep an eye on them now.
It would be fairly simple to do with a 3D printer. Head up to the nearest university computing center and flip a propeller-head $50 and you’d have enough to resell on eBay to recoup your cost..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now you are talking......great idea.

It would be fairly simple to do with a 3D printer. Head up to the nearest university computing center and flip a propeller-head $50 and you’d have enough to resell on eBay to recoup your cost..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts