RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know I am a newbie and everyone hates newbies but, I have searched and really not found the info I need. I have a 1994 RRC LWB 4.2, just got it a few weeks ago and I have been fixing it up. Under my passenger seat is a box. This box I assume is the ECU as the vehicle runs perfectly. Above it however is a large plug, very similar to the plug that is in the ECU. A plug that I assume was plugged in to something at some time. Is this the plug for my on board diagnostics? I know I am missing something but to the best of my research thats my best guess. Could anyone confirm or deny this for me? This vehicle has had the coil swap so the only other thing I can think of is the Airbag system.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The article doesn't say where the code is displayed, can someone put a picture on that post of a code being shown? It shouldn't be hard to find an error code on a RRC, if I knew where to look I bet mine has a few.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
It's displayed on the playcard deck sized box under the passenger (LHD) seat. It's black and says Land ROver Disgnotics or some such thing.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Doctor Leo said:
This is the On Board Diagnostic Display, the black box with a sticker on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well as I said before I researched it. I read all of those threads before but I still am not getting the answer to the question I am asking. Forget that I even mentioned the diagnostics. Here Goes:

I have a plug under my passenger seat. Its not plugged into anything. I am guessing that it should be. Whatever it was was located right on top of the Fuel Injection Control Unit. The plug is very similar to the plug that is in the FICU. Can anyone tell me what was plugged in there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Ahhh well, passenger seat for you is drivers seat for me - so yeah thats the EAS ECU connector.

Update your profile with your location :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but it still runs perfect! And the box that is in there hooked up says Fuel Injection Control. I am still confused. I know it wont run without the ECU and I drive it 100 miles a day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AH now i see. I didn't notice the EAS or put it all together. I wasn't far off I thought that might be it. Thanks guys its really been bugging me. I love my Range Rover!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
So I know I am a newbie and everyone hates newbies
I hope not. This isn't a BMW forum... :wink: Everyone was one once.

Welcome along. How about some photos of the mean machine...?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts