RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so I have an 04 Range Rover. Last week I had a misfire and an engine code that said cylinder 1 misfire. So I replaced the ignition coil but not the spark plug because I recently replaced all of them a few months back. After I replaced the coil the misfire went away. About a week later my vehicle starts to misfire again (or at least I think it is) but there’s no check engine light. It only misfires from about 1500 RPM and lower. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Two things come to mind here. First, the connections between the plugs and the coils can leak, causing a miss. These plug wires have insulation, and boots, both of which can leak voltage due to age and heat. The other possibility is that one of the plugs you installed could have a cracked insulator, either having been dropped before you got it, or damaged during installation. Is it possible that you are feeling a surge rather than a miss? Ray

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
8 Posts
Two things come to mind here. First, the connections between the plugs and the coils can leak, causing a miss. These plug wires have insulation, and boots, both of which can leak voltage due to age and heat. The other possibility is that one of the plugs you installed could have a cracked insulator, either having been dropped before you got it, or damaged during installation. Is it possible that you are feeling a surge rather than a miss? Ray
I there was a leak (wire or boot) causing a miss would a misfire code show up? Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts