RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tdv8 4.4 and when accelerating hard the car seems like its hitting the rev limiter but its not as the revs are at 2000-2500.
the harder the acceleration the worse the hesitation is .

could this be a fuel problem .

regards
Andy

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
26 Posts
Did you ever fix your issue ? I am having a surging that also feels like a miss fire ( lite) under accerleration but mainly when its at a low RPM but under a load ( like going up a hill ) It came on slowly over the past few months
my 2006 4.4 (Jag) has 177k on it . plugs are only 6 months old and just replaced the crank postion sensor (to test to see if this was the problem)

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
26 Posts
replaced plugs again and its comes and goes seems to do better in Arizona and when I drive to California it is worse ( not sure fuel or ALT ) but I would like to replace bank 1 cam position sensor. but cant seem to find it

·
Registered
174 Posts
This sounds suspiciously like a plug wire issue. It is possible for the spark to leak to ground at the plug, but will only do so if the spark voltage is high enough. This typically occurs when you "crowd" the engine. What I mean by that is if, for example, you are running at 35-40 mph, and you attempt to accelerate as quickly as possible without causing the trans to downshift. This will "spike" the spark voltage, due to the load, which cause the spark to leak. If you push the acceleration to the point of causi ng a downshift, the spark voltage drops due to the higher rpm reducing the load on the engine. Typically, the description you provided indicates a spark leak to me. This can occur regardless of the system utilized, whether with a distributor, or distributorless. Ray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts