RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
99 Posts
Well almost. I've finally got to the root of the problem I've been having ongoing for months!

At first I was under the impression I had a failed lifter, but when i got the valley gasket or of the way, one of my exhaust cams was completely round.

New camshaft then, assuming might as well put all new lifters in too? New timing chain and sprockets as well while I'm at it.

Because I never thought about cam issues, I've stripped all the top end and now stuck with a crank shaft but I can't remove. There's always something.

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
What does your crankshaft have to do with what is going on up top? Remove your radiator and AC condenser and your old camshaft will slide right out the front. You'll have much more room to do the timing set.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does your crankshaft have to do with what is going on up top? Remove your radiator and AC condenser and your old camshaft will slide right out the front. You'll have much more room to do the timing set.
Nothing, but it all helps to stop the engine turning over when removing the nut!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts