RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just replaced the engine in my 4.6 97 rangey and haev a low rev misfire. after about 2.5k its gone but before then its abit spluttery and has a lack of power. any ideas people this vechile is doing my head in.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
New engine or used? New plugs and wires or old ones? Coil pack wires?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Ive just replaced the engine in my 4.6 97 rangey and haev a low rev misfire. after about 2.5k its gone but before then its abit spluttery and has a lack of power. any ideas people this vechile is doing my head in.
A member on a different forum I subscribe to had a similar problem. It turned out to be the crank shaft position sensor. In your case I would check the plugs and wires first.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
used engine that had fairly new looking plugs leads on it so i didnt touch them. i had to swap the crank sensor over as the plug was different. also what is the sensor near the water pump? the one that has a single wire going to it?

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
The plug was different? I thought that GEMS had one style and Bosch was different.

Where from the water pump are you looking? ie: left, right, behind... There is a two wire cam sensor below the water pump/behind the crank pully. There is a two wire temp sensor above on the intake. Can you post a pic?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a spade terminal basically behind the water pump pulley. anyone know have any idea? just thye end broke of mine and i havent fixed it yet just wondered what it might be?

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
I really had to wrack my feeble mind on this one. Single spade, left side by the water pump outlet would be the oil pressure switch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts