RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the actual part numbers for the NAS rear view mirrors with dimming option? one of mine is broken and all I find is the regular non dimm unit or the right hand drive version.
apparently it was not a popular option thus the diffculty in locating new or used, thus the part number
thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,335 Posts
Part number appears to be AWR3784 but that is the only one listed (except for CTB100220L for very late cars) but what makes you think there would be a difference between LHD and RHD? It's an interior mirror so would expect them to bother be the same.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Part number appears to be AWR3784 but that is the only one listed (except for CTB100220L for very late cars) but what makes you think there would be a difference between LHD and RHD? It's an interior mirror so would expect them to bother be the same.
should have been more accurate external mirrors, door mirrors on nas left hand drive. thanks for the update thou

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
If he is referring to the side mirrors there is a big difference. The passenger mirror is convex.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
772 Posts
I’ve got the photochromic mirrors on mine, I’ve not found anywhere that sells the replacement glass, looks like main dealer only ☹

·
Super Moderator
2,335 Posts
I wasn't even aware there was a dimming option on the external mirrors, sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve got the photochromic mirrors on mine, I’ve not found anywhere that sells the replacement glass, looks like main dealer only ☹
that is part of my issue, dealer is on back order no definite date and nearly $350.00. it's akin to waiting on death row. you know it will happen just don't know when, or fast it will be.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I know nothing about the mirrors but if the glass is removable a glassier can cut you new ones

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
NO, they can not simply cut a new one. The electrochromatic mirrors are tinted a slight blue to reduce glare, heated and darken when they sense light from behind. They darken just like the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
772 Posts
that is part of my issue, dealer is on back order no definite date and nearly $350.00. it's akin to waiting on death row. you know it will happen just don't know when, or fast it will be.
I got my replacement from eBay ( complete mirror ) if I remember correctly, it has 13 pins, I know it had more than usual.
might be worth a scan of eBay, sometimes people don’t know what they have, luckily for us ��

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got my replacement from eBay ( complete mirror ) if I remember correctly, it has 13 pins, I know it had more than usual.
might be worth a scan of eBay, sometimes people don’t know what they have, luckily for us ��
thanks for the suggestion, been there done that, no luck.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Google Transitions eyewear lenses. If the company can make photosensitive glass with gradual tri focal they can make single lenses convex glass. If you write them and provide a template they might do it.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Google Transitions eyewear lenses. If the company can make photosensitive glass with gradual tri focal they can make single lenses convex glass. If you write them and provide a template they might do it.

wow, I like your idea. these things dim with lcd's, the rearview senses light on it's photo sensor which in turn reacts and dims. the rearview has two signal wires as do the external mirrors, thus they react in tandem. I don't know but would be curious to find out if the photo sensitive glass would dim with low headlight glare at night, or would remain dimmed during daylight and clear during headlight glare.
will find out more by locating info and dripping a line.
thanks.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
update. after a few weeks of watching on ebay, I found a proper replacement part. during this time I visited a couple of junkyards whom had p38's and some mirrors were damaged others missing or were not the proper unit.
will keep on looking and store just in case of future damage. thanks to all who contributed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts