RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning

Has anyone out there successfully fitted a WiFi mirror cast device to a 2012 L322 .
I would really appreciate any advise on where to connect etc .
Kind Regards Bob.

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Supercharged
159 Posts
Good Morning

Has anyone out there successfully fitted a WiFi mirror cast device to a 2012 L322 .
I would really appreciate any advise on where to connect etc .
Kind Regards Bob.
This has been on my list of things to do. I will assume you have the rear seat entertainment package and your hopes were to allow Wi-Fi streaming of video content to the rear TV’s.
This seems feasible but I have not yet “dug in” to the details yet.
My thoughts would be to splice into one of the AUX RCA inputs in the back of the center console that feeds the RSE (rear seat entertainment). I beleive you would need an HDMI to RCA adapter to connect your typical mirror-cast “dongle”. You would then also need to supply USB power to the dongle. Should be easy to find a suitable pos (+) wire in the console so this can be hardwired. All of this should tuck nicely in the bowels of the console. The only unknown is if the video output into the aux ports will be suitable for the headrest screen resolution. I’d imagine it should work tho.

·
Registered
2008 Range Rover L322 HSE
219 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Supercharged
159 Posts
Doing a quick search I found this-HDMI to RCA,HDMI to AV, GANA 1080P HDMI to 3RCA CVBS AV Composite Video Audio Converter Adapter Supports PAL/NTSC with USB Charge Cable for PC Laptop HDTV DVD-Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W9LQDBB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_ipUaCb2AWKW82

I have never used one but in the av business.
I definitely think it’s key to get an active HDMI to RCA adapter as I don’t think most of the miracast devices offer digital-to-analog conversion up front. You will need to rely on the adapter device to perform the digital (HDMI) to analog (RCA) conversion. They sell some deceptive passive cables for HDMI to RCA but they require the HDMI signal to already be downconverted to Analog, which most devices don’t support natively.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts