RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so has anyone attempted suction or dry ice on a minor dent? it's shallow and the paint is not cracked. i suppose drilling a tiny hole and using a puller is on the table as a last resort.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Alot will depend on where it is located. Can you post a pic? I have used suction before on large flat areas with somewhat positive results. I've seen dry ice used, but the paint cracked. You caould always get a quote from one of those mobile dent removers.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think i'm going the professional route to be on the safe side. sorry i don't have a pic. it's actually on the top of the upper tailgate caused by activity roof-loading related. thanks for chiming in. it's not even really visible but i know it's there and that's enough when it comes to my baby. i could kick myself for doing it. i was just being careless... :doh:

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
I HAVE ONE OF THOSE! :lol: The wing dent that is. I had two. I removed the wing and rolled a baseball against it from the underside and it smoother right out. The wing is very soft which accounts for the easy denting, but also accounts for ease of dent removal. If you'd like to give it a shot yourself and get a bit nervous, try a softball first.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just an FYI, forget the dry ice method. I foolishly gave it a try. Yes, while you work the dent with the ice, it does vanish only to reappear in a few seconds. I should have known it was too good to be true!

Search out craigslist for a dent-removal guy. I found one that moonlights and did about 4 decent sized dents in my rover for $80. It's really an art form, so stay and watch if you can!!

Best Luck

·
Registered
129 Posts
A mate used this one when someone hit him in the carpark (didn't leave a note or anything...)

Gently heat the dent with a lighter, zippo, gasgun etc. Then grab a can of compressed air and spray over it. Popped the dent back out, no paint cracks, apart from what was removed when he got hit. Its not totally perfect, if you look closely you can see an outline of the dent, but on a smaller one it might not be so visible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts