RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With more owners having had the opportunity to break in (run in) their Sports, I thought it may be a good time again to solicit real world MPG for the SC, HSE and diesel engines.

What are your actual experiences regarding mileage? (Please specify US or Imperial gallons.)

·
Registered
68 Posts
15.5 Mpg with 150 miles on my first tank of gas. that is also driving it smooth around 70mph. I haven't opened it up much since I am still in the break in period. BTW, what have your dealers said the proper break in period is?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't own the Sport yet. How is the break-in period described in the owner's manual? I would trust that only -- and ignore what any dealers might say.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Haha.. i can tell you haven't bought one yet because you must not have seen the owners manual :D It's about the size of the Davinci Code. Ok, i'm joking, but it's pretty thick, so no I haven't checked out the actual break in period the manual suggested, which I will look up. Valid Point

·
Registered
20 Posts
MPG

I got today running to the dealers.... 58 miles away... avg 60-70 mph motorway East/West, No wind, early in the AM.. 21.1 MPG AVG on the trip...

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
381 Posts
2000 miles up now and average consumption is 26.7mpg over 5 tanksfull............. that is Imperial Gallons which are larger than US Gallons. Also mine is the TDv6 :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
20-21mpg(imperial) 4.4HSE average over 4,200 miles. Best 25.2mpg on a 250 mile run with the wind behind and a hangover! (ie slow driving) :?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts