RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if their is a 64 bit version of microcat about. i used to use the 32 bit on windows xp
but recently upgraded to windows 7 64 and now it dosnt want to work.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi,

I had the same problem. If you are running Win 7 Pro or better you can install XP Mode and run microcat from the xp virtualized environment.

I have that setup working without problems.

N.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
I am on Win7 UltimateSE and compatibility mode works just fine for running microcat. :thumb:

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
I am on 64 bit. Apologies for not including that. ANy way, 32 bit programs should run just fine on a 64 bit system as it is mostly backwards compatible. It's when you try running old 16 bit brograms that you run into issues. Even with that I have a few Win 95 programs running on my Win7 64 system.

·
Registered
206 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
I am on 64 bit. Apologies for not including that. ANy way, 32 bit programs should run just fine on a 64 bit system as it is mostly backwards compatible. It's when you try running old 16 bit brograms that you run into issues. Even with that I have a few Win 95 programs running on my Win7 64 system.
Tried installing Microcat when I was testing Win7 RC 64bit, but it didn't let me. I was confined to use it on my gf's laptop under XP (which she hated..). Now that I'm on Win7 RTM 64bit, it runs fine under XP Mode.

Now we are both happy :)

N.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts