RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with this tire? Michelin does have the tire in 275/40/R22, but none of the tire sites show that it is "compatible" with my RRS. The speed rating and other variables all appear to be in range. Just looking for a new all season tire and this one appears to have pretty good reviews.

https://www.michelinman.com/tire/michelin/pilot-sport-a-s-3-plus

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
69 Posts
Not sure about yours (don't know what model you have), but the 22" option on the SVR comes with 285/40 R22 tires.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would call it a solid 3 "plus" season tire - true to its name - it's fine for those early-season dustings or late-season slushies, but mid-winter in cold climates where you regularly drive on snowpacked or icy roads, or where deep snows are possible, it is absolutely NOT going to be any better than any other non-winter tire.

I had them on our AWD Volvo XC70 T6 and they were excellent - great summer and rain tire, but in Colorado winters they were scary, even on the Volvo. If all you deal with is an occasional couple inches of wet snow, they'll probably be fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If all you deal with is an occasional couple inches of wet snow, they'll probably be fine.
Thanks for the info. I'm currently in OK and we only have light snow and the occasional chance of a severe ice storm. The kind of ice that is nasty for virtually any tire type. I've lived in Colorado and Montana in the past, so I can relate to all the comments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts