RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, did a search but found nothing on them.

I purchased a set of Dunlop Air Springs from them a week ago. Despite being a LR parts place, the guy I spoke with didn't know what I meant by "do they come with clips or do you sell those separately?" That, combined with their ridiculously well priced Dunlops, raised the initial red flag.

Fast forward a week, I never received any tracking info and now when I call the phone just rings and rings and rings.

Anyone have experience with these guys? I don't know whether I should be patient or dispute the charges now and move on to a new air spring supplier.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've bought a lot from them via Ebay and have had a few issues as well.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Psssstt. It's a holiday. Many places are closed today.

As far as a scam I would doubt it. They have been around for ages and I know of a couple of members down that way that have used them in the past. Most likely you package is held up due to weather. I'd give them a ring tomorrow and get your tracking.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know, I know, the "holiday" popped into my mind 30 seconds after I made the thread. But hey I'm working today so therefore every private business should be open! :)

Anyhow, thank you for the feedback.

My concern was compounded because on the same day I ordered the air springs, I ordered parts from BPUtah (which is much further away) and a place in New Jersey and they both came in the mail last week. I don't think Miami British even sent the springs out to me yet.

Thank you for quelling my stress. Patience is not my strong suit but I will attempt to channel it for a while longer.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nico I've bought a couple of times from them before, yes sometimes they are not the faster shippers but I've got everything with a week max delay. Also working here down south TX... I already left a couple of "toned" messages to suppliers.. jaja

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent, thanks everyone. I am very weary of internet companies that I have not done business with before, especially when they go M.I.A. and do not answer my emails or telephone calls, which unfortunately happened here.

I just needed to know whether they are legit (now I know they are) and I could not find any threads on here about them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Funny, I also just ordered Dunlops from Miami British today. Very good price I was hoping they would be here bythe weekend to install. Probably not.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I sent an email to them on Feb 13. I still have not received a response.

Today, their phone just rings and rings and rings again. I have tried both of their telephone numbers; 305.691.6955 and 305.836.3306

They still have not sent me a tracking number, which I was told are sent out when the item is shipped. I have no idea what's going on but I want my air springs NOW, or at the very least, some sort of communication.

Their Google reviews have lots of people complaining about terrible service and a phone that just rings and rings and rings . . . but no one has said that they failed to send a product so I haven't lost my coolant yet (forgive the LR joke).

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yea, I sent them an Email to today and have called numerous times, to no avail. I'm very close to cancelling the order and getting from somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When did you order? I ordered February 9th. Any prospects for reasonably priced Dunlops? They are stupid expensive at BPUtah unfortunately.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I ordered yesterday but in light of your issues I am concerned. However, I do think we will ultimately receive them albeit very late. I've looked around and as you say this is the best deal around. The only other route I am looking into is going with Arnott Gen IIs. About $110 more though. I'm going to give it a few days then make a decision. I was really hoping to get these on this weekend as my front right bag has deflated the past two nights. Well, they are 16 plus year old bags so no complaints.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Park your rig in extended height and it may stay up overnight. Keep in mind however that you are stressing your compressor with the leak you have.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Does it make a difference? I actually just parked it at the lowest height so as to not stress the compressor, especially in this cold weather. Should I open one of the doors to totally disable the compressor? Is that bad?

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you mean Gen IIIs are $110 more? Because BPUtah has GEN IIs for $135 a piece, so only $15 more. I definitely do not want Gen IIs; I have read too much about their common failures but my rears are original and are decaying quickly and may be leaking at this point.

At the same time, I'm not about to ruin a newish compressor waiting on the Miami people. I just sent Miami another email - this time a bit stronger - and I plan on calling a few times tomorrow.

What really ****** me off is that now I have to spend an extra $6 on shipping - I just ordered a bunch of things from BPUtah last week and easily could've added the Gen IIs at that time.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I got the front and rear Dunlops at Miami British for 445, from BPUtah the Arnott Gen II's are 540, right? Are you only getting rears?

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My math was way off because I somehow calculated the differemce btwn $110 and $135 as $15 :)

I'm going to do some internet searching tomorrow for other good sources/prices.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Does it make a difference? I actually just parked it at the lowest height so as to not stress the compressor, especially in this cold weather. Should I open one of the doors to totally disable the compressor? Is that bad?
Makes a huge difference. Most likely your bags are leaking at standard or highway setting. By dropping it down you are opening up the cracks where the leaks are or at least having the leaks much closer to the roll of the bag. Leak or not your compressor then has to raise the rig either all the way from flat or past the leaks just to get to standard height. If you raise it the little bit from standard to wading height the cracks are most likely sealed and your rig will stay at height over night. Take off in the morning and it will auto drop to standard height when you get to speed. It is certainly worth a try so as to save any wear possible on the compressor.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts