Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I started my car up to move it and it made a weird metal clicking noise but it dosent do it always this morning it was gone. I had the timing chain tensioners and supercharger coupling replaced two months ago don't know what the sound is included a clip of it here

·
Registered
2011&2014 RRS/sc
234 Posts
Sounds like your fan, see picture of inner blade that tinks just like that when it starts to go on the 2010 & up RR/RRS 5.0L
This inner blade should be tight and when is gets loose it starts rotating freely and can make that sound in your video.

Fan.jpg

·
Registered
2006 RRS SC 115000 miles, 2010 RRS SC Autobiography 68000 miles
3 Posts
I have a 2010 Sport Autobiography and I have the same exact noise Did you be able to find what is causing it and what is the source.

Thanks

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
152 Posts
I have the exact same issue but just 4 months ago I replaced for a brand new fan due to accident, is it because something is loose and can be tightened or need to be replaced again? Also can I just leave it or will it cause some damage?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had my water pump replaced and the sound went away however am not sure if the sound was solely caused by the water pump

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
One thing to very mindful of is that if a fan is having any issues it should be replaced immediately. If it falls out of balance it will at a minimum ruin the water pump seal, then the water pump bearing. Worse case is when a fan fails due to the driver ignoring the noises and vibrations and it takes out the radiator and hoses.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts