RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all Happy new year, Does any one have wiring dia. for memory seats with colour code for wires, and can any one explain what is ment by "SEAT ENABLE" as detailed in the plug chart ( Green 12 pin Plug ) pin 3 and pin 9
Best Regards sillyboy East London

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi at the risk of sounding stupid what is RAVE and where do I down Load it I already have the R/R p38 Manual but it a bit sparce on information in some areas such as electrical regards sillyboy east London

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
RAVE is the full shop manual. A complete RAVE will give you pictures of every connector, its location and pin out. Google and Search are your friend.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
I'll pass, I've seen pics of you in shorts. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
sillyboy said:
Hi all Happy new year, Does any one have wiring dia. for memory seats with colour code for wires, and can any one explain what is ment by "SEAT ENABLE" as detailed in the plug chart ( Green 12 pin Plug ) pin 3 and pin 9
Best Regards sillyboy East London
Forgetting your question above, what are you actually trying to achieve? Memory seats can be a big PITA.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Paul Re the memory seat, back in 2001 the drivers seat recline was blowing the fuse at the time the vehicle was in for other repairs and I ask them to look at this problem, they came back to me with a price of £ 450.00p to correct the problem, I was already facing a large bill so I ask them if they could isolate the problem which they did, but now I would like to do the repair, but and this is a big but the left hand sear is all in working order, but the Green 12 pin plug for the right hand seat (Drivers) is unplugged, now according to the manual this plug carries the wiring for the left hand seat also, being as this work was done so far back no one can remember what changes were made to the wiring and I’m left to sort it out or live without my seat working as it should, I’m a retired Electrician but with out a circuit diagram which is not in the manual I’m a bit stuffed, there must be two wires that feed the recline motor but which two, there must be two wires that feed the lumber pump motor and the valve but which two, there must be two wires that feed the head restraint motor but which two, in the old classic manual you had all this information but on the P38 this seem to be top secret, even although they give you the plug and pin destination they don’t give you the colour of the plug above the pin description you have to go back wards and forwards to find the colour I’ve typed it all out on sticky back paper and put the colour above each pin chart but the whole manual is a mismas I think it was put together by a junior in his lunch break, every time you want to do something you find only half of the information you require. Best regards Sillyboy East London

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
:? I guess I am missing something or we have different versions of RAVE. I just pulled up section M1 in the electrical manaul and the very first diagram has both lumber motors. The diagram shows not only the wire colour but the number for each connector in the entire circuit. Likewise for each portion of the seats including the power headrests on page. It sounds like you need to hunt down a more complete version of RAVE.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi once again I have to ask what is RAVE what does it stand for and where do I get hold of it I've looked on Google but I'm still no wiser Regards Sillyboy East london

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
at Google type in Green Oval Rave...

Scotty

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Rover
Aftermarket
Viewing
Environment

SEARCH will pull up this and where to download it from.

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
I guess I am missing something or we have different versions of RAVE.
sillyboy said:
I already have the R/R p38 Manual but it a bit sparce on information in some areas such as electrical
Heh Sillyboy, I guess you are talking about this official LR manual:
http://www.techbooks.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1533092
I also have this manual and can confirm it does not have virtually any wiring/electrical data. It is almost just the "Workshop Manual" part of RAVE (- the doc with sections numbered 01 - 88).

Download the full RAVE and look at the "Electrical Troubleshooting Manual" for the info you require. Carl is correct, in the ETM, it is section "M1 - POWER SEATS".

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi all i've tried all your suggestions and a big fat nothing one, thread led me to a bookshop in auckland NZ nothing in there list so sent an email guess what no reply, next lead took me to a site which churned out three pages of bump but nothing to do with RAVE please all I want is a copy of this RAVE in hard back or disc, and a site from which I can buy the thing, to start with the Author would help and is it just called RAVE HELP AN OLD MAN OUT HERE PLEASE
Best Regards sillyboy East london

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
:doh: did you use google to look up RAVE green ovel? Land Rover RAVE? Range Rover RAVE? I know of three different places on the internet to obtain it for free. Seriously, just go search. :shock: We don't provide it on this site (or direct links) as it is covered by intelectual property rights. :snooty:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sillyboy : I'm sorry this just isn't working properly, you have to leave. :snooty:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi guys had another go today followed the lead to Green Oval Rave and done a successful down load of RAVE "YPPIE" :dance:
Best regards sillyboy East London

·
Registered
401 Posts
In that case, welcome back! :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi rhino you have to remember that when I went to school my p.c. was an abacus, and London was having the **** knocked out of it by the Germans, not every one grew up in the ideal world of today count your blessings .Have a very happy new year and may luck go with you. Best regards sillyboy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts