RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover Classic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got my first RR 03 a few days ago and I love the truck so far! Call me old fashion but is there a way to disable my seat and steering wheel from moving when I get in/out of the truck? I look at those things moving constantly as a possible issue down the road due to constant use. I just want to press memory 1 for me and 2 for the wife. That's the only time I prefer it to move. Is this possible? Same goes for the mirrors. Thanks in advance! And btw this forum is VERY helpful, seeing how I didn't get an owners manual with the truck

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
The automatic adjustment is linked to each key and is called "Convenience Seating". As far as I know this can only be deactivated at the dealer.

A .pdf version of the 2003 owners manual can be found in the RAVE download referenced in the FAQ stickie above.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Storeys Allcoms can disable the steering wheel, which was my only concern.
As far as the seat goes, open the rig, set the seat with memory, and forget about it.
Read the owners manual for complete directions.
Storeys miracle machine is found here, and worth EVERY penny.
http://www.rswsolutions.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=415&Itemid=81

Do not go looking for a cheaper seller etc, as they are mostly Chinese knock offs which will NOT work. Get it from Storey himself. His shipping is super rapid, his prices are more than fair, and you then have his superb customer service thrown in for free!

Martin

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
185 Posts
I'll second Leftlanetrucking regarding All Comms from RSW Solutions. In fact, as soon as I purchase mine, the first thing that I did was disable the steering wheel movement everytime you turn on/off the car. The adjustment of the steering wheel as per each of the memories, and also according to each key, are maintained.

Considering the rate of failure of the steering wheel columns, just this single application of All Comms will pay for itself.

Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I will definitely be ordering the allcoms. I love the fact that I will have control of many features. So with this I'll still be able to use the memory buttons on the seat for adjusting seat pos and mirrors correct?
Its not going to disable it completely, it will just let me program what actions to have the truck take when I unlock with the keypad, right? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
definitely get allcomms... you'll need it.

Yes, memory will still work. It just won't go to the stored memory for that key every time. My wife and I share the car and it's annoying watching that seat move every stinkin time you open the door... especially when it's unnecessary.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually only have one key at the moment. Can I program the key to do nothing somehow or is that done at the dealer?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Kmagnuss, in my case, each key still remembers the setup that the car was the last time you locked using that key, for the mirrors, steering wheel, and seats. So if you use the same key, nothing will move when you unlock the car.

Arejaye, you will still be able to use the memory functions for everything that they control.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Yes, that's how it's supposed to work. But in mine and my wife's case it's an annoyance due to us only having the one key. For instance... she goes to store, locks door. Now the key is programmed to her (she's about a foot shorter than me). Then she comes home, parks in garage. I take car somewhere... don't lock car. Come home and park in garage. Go back out to car and unlock door out of habit... car goes to her memory position. Surprisingly enough this seemed to happen more times than not so I just disabled it. Also disabled the steering wheel moving as there's no need for it unless you're sitting WAY too close to the wheel or you are severely obese.

Kmagnuss, in my case, each key still remembers the setup that the car was the last time you locked using that key, for the mirrors, steering wheel, and seats. So if you use the same key, nothing will move when you unlock the car.

Arejaye, you will still be able to use the memory functions for everything that they control.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
only
one
key

I see a panic post of despair and "why didn't I get a second key" in your future.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
I have a second key brotha... the buttons are all jacked up on it though and I'm too lazy to get another one. It works manually just fine... it's my emergency key for when the thing tries to lock the good key inside like they always try to do at one time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts