RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Not posted for a while just been reading, great site this.
Ok i hear some sighs as i ask a question about this,
'96 Se. i have the high line bcme etc.... Ok, i purchased the memory seats a couple of years ago with loom second hand. for one reason or another just never got to fit them, now i am doing so. Loom plugs into the bcme and routed fine and earth bolted all ok, so far. fitted electric passenger seat and tried, perfect all okay, (love the 'leccy headrests) go to plug the loom into the drivers seat and no go, I have 2 male type connectors.
Loom has a grey plug and seat has a green plug. So i'm guessing they didnt come from the same car! I've checked on Rave and all years show the same picture and connector view of a male plug on the loom.
My question is any idea what year the loom could be from or what year the seats could be from so i can get the correct loom or is this not a memory loom just electric seat loom, as i don't want to have to fork out for another set of seats or seat.
Just to reiterate its not a power or bcme fault just a loom compatibility problem am i missing something from the seat but it doesn't look like it. , like i said passenger seat plug and play all ok. has anyone come across this or seen it before.
Too long ago to contact the Seller of seats as not on ebay anymore. Cheers guys.

Any help much appreciated, oh by the way the 2 small white connectors were fine.

·
Registered
771 Posts
First question, do the seats have air bags ? If so, there’s the difference, early models didn’t, so the loom will be different, you looking at just a seat loom, nothing else, dettling breakers nearly always have a p38 or two in, might be worth a clamber over there, you might be able to get the plugs needed to swap over.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Chris no 10, there is no seat airbag tags on the seat so they don't have airbags. Will try Detling breakers at the weekend and have a look see. Strange one as they are all normally just plug and play. Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts