Discussion Starter #1
Let me take you back to May 5th, 2009.

Wife: "I can't get the baby's car seat in to the back of the FJ."
Me: "That's fine. I'll get the Range Rover Sport that I always wanted."
Wife: "Whatever."
Me: [mumbling] "Supercharged. 510 horsepower."
Wife: "What?"
Me: "Nothing. Love you."

Order goes in. 2010 RRS S/C, Stornoway Grey, Ebony/Ebony (EBP), BLK, RSE, EDP, 7AW.

I had a number of ordering issues and had to go through the frustrating process of educating my dealer on their product, but 6 months later, it arrived (Canada had to wait until U.S. stock orders are filled, which irked me no end). Many, many thanks to those value-add posters on this site as it is their knowledge base that gave me the comfort to make my purchase. The vehicle is incredible. Ride, handling, power, comfort are all "10s". Highly recommended.

Only a couple of small things are annoying:

1) Visible (especially at night) heating element filaments in front windshield...never seen them that obvious in a vehicle before
2) Somewhat chintzy silver facings in instrument panel. I can get over it.
3) Audio system does not recognize USB plug-in unless you physically take out, then put back in again while vehicle is running (i.e. Would not read after leaving plugged in whilst vehicle is switched off)

Anyway, more than happy to share specific views when solicited. Thanks again to all.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Very nice, but you see I'm already partial to a nice, dreary Stornoway Gray :D . Congrats on the baby and the car...and enjoy.

Btw, 510hp, snow, and Hakkepelitas sounds like fun to me.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Welcome, love the "Rear Infant Status Detection Accessory"! Our little one is now forward facing, but I hated the one we had - where'd you get that one? :thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My mother-in-law.

It's amusing how I went to great lengths to co-ordinate the upholstery, contrast stich, wood trim, etc. and yet I am totally fine with hanging a yellow monkey mirror from the back seat. I guess I would do anything for my little guy...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered my Nokians tires from a tire shop here in town. Got a pretty good discount. They drove them down to the dealership the day before my car arrived and I had the dealership install them before I picked up the car. My Michelins will sit around my garage until May probably....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed, they look much darker in the "Build Your Own" pictures. My camera flash probably didn't do them justice but best way i can describe the colour is that they are a close match to my Stornoway grey paint finish...

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
eenieboy said:
My mother-in-law.

It's amusing how I went to great lengths to co-ordinate the upholstery, contrast stich, wood trim, etc. and yet I am totally fine with hanging a yellow monkey mirror from the back seat. I guess I would do anything for my little guy...
Yes, I know. :roll: Let me know if you find out. :geek:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm picturing your exact wheels in 22" if there are any photoshoppers on the board would love to see those wheels on that truck photoshopped just a bit bigger to represent 22" -- would fill out the wheel well nicely

·
Registered
543 Posts
Eboy.

Love the shots of your latest RRS as I agree with Jezza from Topgear that Stornaway Grey/Ebony is The colour in your choice !

At least with the finish on those wheels it should be less noticeable with brake pad wear to stay clean and colour co-ordinated ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi there. I'm in Calgary too and just picked up my 2010 RRS S/C. Where did you get your Nokians? Mind me asking how much you paid for the winters?

Tuncer

PS. I'll be posting pics shortly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, does anyone have any issues with their tailglass closing? The tailgate closes fine but the tailglass needs to be practically slammed down to close properly. Would appreciate any comments.

Still loving it.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Hell, the tailgate of my 2006 needs to be slammed down like a SOB to latch properly, it's very un-Range Rover-like! :lol: (That's because we had no "soft close" mechanism on MY06s...) By comparison, the tail glass requires a much gentler "slam", more like a firm push to close. Maybe your struts on the glass are new and need to be "exercised" a bit?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dropped my 2010 RRS SC off at the dealer at the weekend for its "30 day check up". The following were my gripes and the response/fix I received:

1) Tailglass needs to be slammed shut - Pistons were lubricated. Seems to work better now.
2) Condensation (and hence frost) build-up in headlight cover. - Dealer is looking into it. My guess is that this is a necessary design due to heat created by the halogens and the condensation build-up may be unavoidable in humid and/or wet conditions
3) Bluetooth phonebook does not pick up my contacts by name, only by number. Makes phonebook somewhat redundant. - Was told this is a blackberry issue more than a Land Rover issue although the service guy told me his Blackberry contacts would work in one RRS/RR and not another. No rhyme or reason to it.
4) iPod does not stop when the ignition or the radio is switched off. The ipod will play until the end of the album/playlist and then stop, and then start from beginning of your alphabetically-listed tracks when you restart the car. - No fix apprently Am not going to give up on this one as a couple of years ago I bought a $40 Monster iPod aux cable that did communicate with the iPod. Should be possible
5) Audio system does not recognize USB memory stick when you toggle between it and other audio sources on the go. Will only recognize the USB memory stick if you switch the car off and then go straight to it as an audio source. - 19 year old service rep shrugged his shoulders. Fine.

Relative to some of the issues other 2010 owners are experiencing, I feel somewhat blessed. The car drives extremely well and I feel as though my issues are really superficial. I would still heartily recommend a 2010 to anyone. My experience is very positive. So far.

FYI, my production month was 11/09.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Eenieboy, if the SA (first name starts with a D?) shrugs, just speak to Chris. If that doesn't work talk to Mike (sales guy) or Patrick (manager). They'll get you fixed up. Chris is the SM, never anything but primo service from him. It was nasty when Don was there, but now it's fixed.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yep, they tell me 8am or whatever also, I usually show up around 9:30 without any issues. Also, request a loaner when you book and they'll give you an LR2 (used to be LR3's), you'll have to book a week or two in advance though. Also, do yourself a favor and introduce yourself to Patrick, he runs the show, period. I had my truck in a week ago for some issues, it was the 2nd time in for 1 issue and the 3rd time in for another (vibration and rumble in front end). I mentioned this to Patrick and he was all over service about it, he has the ability to make them listen and fix it. Patrick and Chris also see the Land Rover Canada surveys that get submitted, and you WILL receive one after each service. These surveys impact their overall performance rating as well as individuals ratings (interpret as bonuses/money). If you bring up an issue in a survey you will get a phone call from Chris or Patrick to discuss it, guaranteed. Once you figure out the little things (IE:arriving 9-10 am, pre-booking a loaner) everything will fall into place.
From my experience, tell them clearly what is happening, if it is in again for the same issue, or if there are lots of issues, let Patrick know respectfully that your not happy that the problem isn't fixed or that there are an unusual amount of issues, and they'll deal with them. The "not happy" bit gets them as that is interpreted as "bad customer satisfaction survey coming" unless the issue is resolved. And if you go in their with the attitude "I paid 90K for this vehicle and I deserve X" it won't work any better (not implying you would), over 80% of their customers paid over 70k for their vehicle. This will just make them begrudgingly deal with it, which isn't good for anyone. Save those arguments for Land Rover Canada if it ever gets to that (it won't).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts